Brandon Johnson is intrigued by another Big Ten season, Eric Curry 'at peace with not playing basketball‘

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shipley:

Brandon Johnson, a graduate transfer playing his first season in Minnesota, appears ready to use his NCAA pandemic waiver to come back and see what a regular Big Ten season is like.

Eric Curry, who spent five injury-plagued seasons with the Gophers, is definitely done. As a result, Saturday’s 11 a.m. tip against Rutgers at Williams Arena will be the fifth-year senior’s last game at any level.

“I don’t plan on coming back next season,” the 6-foot-9 forward said. “This is my last season playing basketball.”

“It’s kind of messed up that I didn’t get to experience truly how a Big Ten game really is,” Johnson said. “I’ve played Big Ten games in the past, and it’s not like how Big Ten is described to me by my teammates, the coaching staff or even random fans on social media.

“That’s one thing that I’m happy thinking about the decision because I will get to experience that, I will get to prove that my game has changed with the amount of work that I plan on doing this summer, showing that I can have a bigger role, showing that I’m capable of doing a lot more than people expect me to.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom