Brandon Johnson Injury update

Did he seem to injure the same ankle he hurt earlier this year?

Didn't look TOO terrible on the one replay I saw. Hopefully just a sprain/strain that he can rehab over the next week.

He was definitely slamming his hand on the floor in frustration multiple times.

Pitino didn't have any updates on the postgame show

He was definitely slamming his hand on the floor in frustration multiple times.

Pitino didn't have any updates on the postgame show

Yeah...that's never good. But as I said in the game thread.....Suggs in the Zags game against WVU.....he went down and was basically in tears. No weight on the ankle coming off the court....had a towel draped over his head as the trainer looked at him.....and he ended up coming back into the game later on.

Can't draw conclusions based on what we saw there.

With ankles nobody has any idea until the next day. If it is the same ankle, it’ll be a year long thing and explain why it didn’t look that bad in replay.

Re-aggravated high ankle sprain. Pure speculation, but I bet he's out 2 weeks minimum.

Yeah...that's never good. But as I said in the game thread.....Suggs in the Zags game against WVU.....he went down and was basically in tears. No weight on the ankle coming off the court....had a towel draped over his head as the trainer looked at him.....and he ended up coming back into the game later on.

Suggs likes to look injured. Hobbles around. In agony. Then he is fine and looks great.He loves the spotlight.

y
With ankles nobody has any idea until the next day. If it is the same ankle, it’ll be a year long thing and explain why it didn’t look that bad in replay.
[/QUOTE/

Yup

I was a chronic ankle spanner in HS - a white, short Charles Oakley, if there was china, I was going to stamp on it, lol.....

Never know until the morning what you got until the initial swelling goes down via ice

Looked as if was a high sprain as he grabbed his leg above his ankle. Hope not.
Watching it on TV, it looked like he rolled his ankle -- low ankle injury. After I'd done that a dozen or so times I finally went to a doc who just told me to wear an ankle brace until I forgot which ankle I hurt.

Not what I’m saying at all. But he acts hurt, or limps, or whatever, constantly.

Might be the only one who could give Oturu a run for his money in terms of spiking my blood pressure. Don’t get me wrong, loved Oturu and everything he gave to our program. Still, easily had me certain the gophers were finished a good 3-5 times last season, until I adjusted my concern level on his reactions.

Hopefully it isn't really bad. He hasn't been a stud this year but we will really need him for depth. The Big Ten season is here next week (along with a good St. Louis team). Hopefully a week is all he needs.

That looked like textbook badly sprained ankle. Really sucks, and he'll probably be out 2-3 weeks (especially if he re-aggravated an existing injury). But could've been way worse.

Hopefully Pitino is able to experiment with some smaller lineups (more time for Mash, try out Tre/Both at the 4 a bit).

We got 24 points from the bench last night! When's the last time we could say that?

Mash-10
Ihnen-6
Williams-6
Curry-2

Would have been less without the Johnson injury, but highly encouraged by the extra run given to Tre and Mashburn! Would of been nice if Ihnen had made his FTs to ice the game though.:(

Hopefully Johnson will be back for Illinois, going to need his manhood against the Illini and hope that Curry and Ihnen can get some more confidence built while he is recovering to use for the B1G season.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I'd rest him until St. Louis at least. I don't think we have much shot at a road win in Champaign, no need to rush it.
Would be nice for him to be back but I agree...hope he's healthy for Iowa at least.

Its just hard to know. You can tweak your ankle and be 90% in a couple days. Johnson may be healthy enough to play but no reason to risk a more serious injury. Or he wrecked it and is out 6 weeks. So much unknown especially with closed door practices and stuff.

Top Bottom