Braeden Carrington in the Portal

He will be given a chance to pull a rabbit out of a hat in the off season, and by then, one way or another, it'll be too late to change horses. If he was going to be fired, it would have been immediate. I believe we're committed, even if it's a long death march.
My hope for Ben was that he was a players coach who had team unity and could build on the core. Today was a major blow to that hope.

My hope for Ben was that he was a players coach who had team unity and could build on the core. Today was a major blow to that hope.
From what I read, they left for more $$$(good luck with that). Not sure what that has to do with coaching.

From what I read, they left for more $$$(good luck with that). Not sure what that has to do with coaching.
In the end, you have to win. Right? Where we stand now is we were 9-11 (much better) and we are 15-45 the last three years. That has a lot to do with coaching. The hope we are clinging to is that he just about has it together. Now we are rebuilding again or it appears that way.

Coaching at the college level is a lot of things. One of them is getting the kids to believe in what you are doing. Gopher Writer says that we had 4 kids on the team rebelling against what the coach was doing. That's 4 of the top 9 players (ouch) not agreeing with what the coach is doing. Three of them were Ben's HS recruits guys who should have been bought into his vision. JOJ, Ihnen and Carrington are not off to get a "bag"- they are just off looking for a different situation and it looks like 2 of them got pushed out. Payne is out looking for the money and in my view he should be. Furthermore, if we had any sense, we would be trying to save him.

Last edited:

Carrington: "I can't shoot but I deserve."

Payne: My back hurts again, I miss bunnies, and I can't shoot. Payne's signiature move: spin because he can't shoot from there, step, miss the shot.

If I'm at the poker table:

Chips on Garcia and Christie.

Gopher Writer says that we had 4 kids on the team rebelling against what the coach was doing.
FYI for all- what Gopher Writer is saying is what Ryan James is reporting on GI.

I personally have zero issue with sharing a pay for "insider" report on Gopherhole, in fact I think it's healthy for the fan base to have all info out there, bullshit or not. I share stuff from the pay GI site all the time on here.

But RJ has an agenda of his own, and has been wrong on tons of shit over the years, especially recently.

Take everything Ryan James "reports" with a giant grain of salt.

So you are actually distressed we lost Ihnen? Carrington? JOJ?

So you are actually distressed we lost Ihnen? Carrington? JOJ?
Not at all. Had the day ended that way, I would have said ok fine. We can replace and they were guys on the margin, so we aren't losing the core. Payne is the core. If you think differently, you are fooling yourself. By the way- how does today look for future recruiting? 3 Minnesota kids bolting and now being accused of being pouters- may not bode so well.

In the end, you have to win. Right? Where we stand now is we were 9-11 (much better) and we are 15-45 the last three years. That has a lot to do with coaching. The hope we are clinging to is that he just about has it together. Now we are rebuilding again or it appears that way.

Coaching at the college level is a lot of things. One of them is getting the kids to believe in what you are doing. Gopher Writer says that we had 4 kids on the team rebelling against what the coach was doing. That's 4 of the top 9 players (ouch) not agreeing with what the coach is doing. Three of them were Ben's HS recruits guys who should have been bought into his vision. JOJ, Ihnen and Carrington are not off to get a "bag"- they are just off looking for a different situation and it looks like 2 of them got pushed out. Payne is out looking for the money and in my view he should be. Furthermore, if we had any sense, we would be trying to save him.
I think you’ll like this article. There is a rule change, allowing direct communication. Apparently to shut down spme bait and switch. Collectives will be able to write down offers. Thus, leaving evidence. Which of course would mean there were verbal NIL $$ being promised that did not materialize.

I think you’ll like this article. There is a rule change, allowing direct communication. Apparently to shut down spme bait and switch. Collectives will be able to write down offers. Thus, leaving evidence. Which of course would mean there were verbal NIL $$ being promised that did not materialize.

Thanks! Good article- very clear.

So you have a mental health condition, and quitting your team and moving away from home is going to help that? Put in the work, earn your (free) degree from the U. It’ll do more for you than a degree from Toledo or Missouri State. Either this is a mistake due to youth, or the “support system” around him stinks.

FYI for all- what Gopher Writer is saying is what Ryan James is reporting on GI.

I personally have zero issue with sharing a pay for "insider" report on Gopherhole, in fact I think it's healthy for the fan base to have all info out there, bullshit or not. I share stuff from the pay GI site all the time on here.

But RJ has an agenda of his own, and has been wrong on tons of shit over the years, especially recently.

Voice of the administration?

Carrington, Payne and JOJ all believe they should have been starting and receiving big NIL payments.

Which is odd.

So the starting lineup would be

Hawkins
Carrington
JOJ
Carcia
Payne

I don't quite see it. JOJ is a black hole and Carrington's shooting percentages don't justify him starting.

Carrington had a problem with Johnson. BC thinks he is better than Mitchell and resents an outsider coming in to start ahead of him.

Mitchell 42.0%FG 80.6%FT 39.9%3PT on 5.2 attempts per game

Carrington 34.4% 77.1% 22.1% on 2.6 attempts per game

So Carrington, that's delusional.

So you have a mental health condition, and quitting your team and moving away from home is going to help that? Put in the work, earn your (free) degree from the U. It’ll do more for you than a degree from Toledo or Missouri State. Either this is a mistake due to youth, or the “support system” around him stinks.
What an ignorant, dickhead comment

Writer Goph IS Ryan James

I would have put odds of Payne staying at 70/30 and Carrington at 90/10. Having them be the first to go doesn't bode well at all. Garcia and Chrisie are likely to follow and even Hawkins would have to reconsider at that point.
Would Garcia leave? Doesn't he have a family member he wanted to be closer to?

Would Garcia leave? Doesn't he have a family member he wanted to be closer to?
$$$. A chance to win. That was back when you needed a reason to transfer the 2nd time, so who knows what the situation was or whether it's still an issue. I assume not.

Spin zone - i have been teammates with guys who have bad attitudes and it generally brings the whole team down with them. If the three sophomores were being pains in the ass/malcontents about PT and money, maybe some of the guys are glad theyre leaving and will be more likely to stay? I dont know the answer there but today has reminded me that 19 year olds do not think the same way us adults do hahahah
Not really spin

Anyone seen a list of teams that have contacted Carrington aside from a Summit and Horizon team??

Anyone seen a list of teams that have contacted Carrington aside from a Summit and Horizon team?

Top Bottom