Boye Mafe - ESPN Front Page

Hopefully he tests out great at the combine the way most seem to think he will. That will take the hype to another level, crazy that he is getting mentioned as a possible round 1 pick.

I'd love to see the purple pair him with Hunter on the other side......hopefully Griffin comes back and Boye could learn a ton from those two.

I'd love to see the purple pair him with Hunter on the other side......hopefully Griffin comes back and Boye could learn a ton from those two.
Agree with the first part, not so much the second. Griffen is 34 and clearly has some serious mental health issues he is dealing with. Not sure a return to the football field is in his best interests at this point.

Agree with the first part, not so much the second. Griffen is 34 and clearly has some serious mental health issues he is dealing with. Not sure a return to the football field is in his best interests at this point.
I hear what you're saying, but mental health can be controlled if you take your meds as prescribed. I'm betting Everson has more pass rush tricks/techniques than most defensive line coaches combined.....

Dane Brugler at The Athletic has Mafe at #75 on his Top 100. I think that's probably much lower than where he ends up being drafted. Brugler has Faalele at #52.

Vikes may be going to a 3-4 defense.

I see Mafe as a 4-3 DE.

Not sure if he is a good fit for a 3-4.
Nowadays, I think there is less difference for a rush end/3-4 OLB. It'll be interesting to see if the Vikes move Barr to more of a rush end.

If they had only beaten Bowling Green, the Gophers would have gotten more publicity and exposure for other Gopher players.

Winning the Big Ten Title pays dividends.

I see Mafe as a 4-3 DE.

I’ve actually seen him projected as a 3-4 rush outside linebacker more than a 4-3 end. A lot of teams are moving towards hybrids anyhow so I think he can be a fit with a lot of teams.

Will Mafe and Fa'alele go in the first two rounds?

Boye Mafe is busy blowing up QBs in the backfield. Fa'alele is a 6' 9" 380-lb behemoth. Both of these guys attract attention.

Hopefully he tests out great at the combine the way most seem to think he will. That will take the hype to another level, crazy that he is getting mentioned as a possible round 1 pick.
I will be surprised if he doesn't blow up at the combine.

If they had only beaten Bowling Green, the Gophers would have gotten more publicity and exposure for other Gopher players.

Winning the Big Ten Title pays dividends.
I think winning the Big 10 might have mattered but I don't think the Bowling Green has any impact, at all, on the draft stock of any Gophers.

Now I feel better. Being childish helps sometimes.
I saw Dink Dinkler and this image popped into my head:

dirk-diggler.gif

I see Mafe as a 4-3 DE.

Rashan Gary was a 4-3 DE who is now a 3-4 Edge. He's a little bigger than Mafe both now and in college. 3-4s are often 4-2-5s. It's about getting the best six or seven guys in the front two units on the defense and scheming to their strengths.

I think the agility drills at the combine will be big for Mafe. He shows mobility in addition to straight-line speed and he's a second-rounder at the latest.

Top Bottom