Bowl Projections Jerry Palm usually the most accurate over the years

We've been beaten by Iowa State, Syracuse, and Kansas in recent years.

Conversely, our latest wins have been against Alabama, Oregon and Arkansas.

Kind of funny to look at, I just want a win!

Really hoping for the Citrus Bowl...love to be in Orlando for the New Year.

You said it wasn't a perception builder. I think it absolutely is. Not like beating Alabama or Oregon, but a lot better of a bowl match up than we've had in a long time.

Just from the standpoint that the worst team in the Big Ten beat them at their place. We win and people shrug their shoulders. We lose and people say "well Indiana beat them at home".

This would just be fitting. I know Wisconsin is a very good program, but many have they been fortunate lately. Wilson falls in their lap in 2011, go to the Rose Bowl. Go 4-4 the next year but go to BT championship because of Penn St. and Ohio St. are on probation. Then this year they get to the BT championship and the team they are playing has their Heisman contending QB hurt the game before. Then they get to go to a top bowl to play a team they will easily throttle.

Even Badger fans have to agree they have had many things go their way. Again, not sour grapes, they've earned a lot of their success.

And then the tide will turn and they will fall back in the dumpster fire where they belong.

I'd prefer to play in the Citrus, but with that most likely to come with another badger championship I'm not so sure.

Missouri not being good enough makes me laugh. Any bowl win over a good, ranked SEC team would be another step.

Missouri is the two-time SEC East champion. A win over them in a bowl would be significant.

Missouri is the two-time SEC East champion. A win over them in a bowl would be significant.

Agreed. And if so and we win, I can give my buddy who is a Mizzou grad some good natured ribbing. A win-win in my book. :D

I can see it now... "Was the win over MO a signature win?" thread.

The Gopher program is not at a point where we can down play any win in a significant bowl game.

Soupcan "Souhan" went to Missouri if I'm not mistaken.

Wisconsin was in citrus last year weren't they? That would eliminate them.

Soupcan "Souhan" went to Missouri if I'm not mistaken.

Wisconsin was in citrus last year weren't they? That would eliminate them.

Last year has no effect. The new criteria starts this year.

It is. But the criteria reset this year. The past has no effect on the next 6 or however many years the agreements are in place.

Past visits have no effect on the stipulation that bowls must choose five different teams over the next six seasons, but they absolutely will be considered when assigning teams this year. Very small chance Nebraska plays in Florida for a fourth straight year, and if Wisconsin loses the B1G title game, no chance they end up in the Citrus Bowl for the second year in a row.

Past visits have no effect on the stipulation that bowls must choose five different teams over the next six seasons, but they absolutely will be considered when assigning teams this year. Very small chance Nebraska plays in Florida for a fourth straight year, and if Wisconsin loses the B1G title game, no chance they end up in the Citrus Bowl for the second year in a row.

Correct.

If it plays out this way, isn't MN a virtual lock for Citrus or Outback? Wisc is either in a selection bowl or the Outback. Neb is in Holiday no matter what. Man, I'm anxious to make travel plans! Hurry up and get here, 12/7!!!

Wiscy playing Boise State, to be honest I'd rather play an SEC team from a personal interest level. Of course, from the program's perspective, they'd take the Fiesta Bowl all day long.

On an unrelated note, it appears our favorite Iowa fan, ******, may have recently posted a new video from the basement. It has graphic language so, I dare not link it here. Just search this in youtube: Rich Evans Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Reaction

If Wisconsin WINS the title game they are an auto bid to a selection bowl, therefore there's no chance they would end up in the Citrus Bowl. And although I think there is a chance they end up there with a loss, I think it's unlikely and a new destination would make more sense.

Which leaves us and Nebraska, and Nebraska has been to Florida a bunch recently... LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Top Bottom