Bowl Game

gophersfan

Reaction score
so we know what bowl game we may be going to yet. i hoping for a matchup with Oklahoma.

It won't be announced until Sunday evening, after the BCS makes its selections.

A return trip to the Insight Bowl, this time against Missouri, is far and away the most likely destination.

It won't be announced until Sunday evening, after the BCS makes its selections.

A return trip to the Insight Bowl, this time against Missouri, is far and away the most likely destination.

I've been hearing Texas A&M was going to end up in the Insight Bowl against us. I agree that Oklahoma would be the most desirable matchup. They have the worst offense of all the schools in question and their would be the least downside to playing them given their success this decade.

I've got a contact in OK, he says most of the talk down there is Sooners/MN in the Alamo. Take it for what you will.

I've been hearing Texas A&M was going to end up in the Insight Bowl against us. I agree that Oklahoma would be the most desirable matchup. They have the worst offense of all the schools in question and their would be the least downside to playing them given their success this decade.

As unwatchable the offense was against SDSU and Iowa, it would actual be intriguing to watch how historically futile the 7th-ranked Sooner defense would make them look.

From national title contenders to decimated by injury, outside of Bradford, wonder how close to 100 percent they'd be by then.

that would be awesome to play Oklahoma, but it might be 55-0 at half. They looked like the sooners of past years the other day in the Bedlam game.

that would be awesome to play Oklahoma, but it might be 55-0 at half. They looked like the sooners of past years the other day in the Bedlam game.

Nice perspective. They looked good in one game, so it will be 55-0 at half. They also sucked quite a few times this year to end up where they did.

I have some connections to the OU athletic department and they believe they are headed to Sun Bowl, while Texas Tech gets Alamo, Missouri Insight Bowl and Texas A&M either Texas or Independence Bowl.

I have some connections to the OU athletic department and they believe they are headed to Sun Bowl, while Texas Tech gets Alamo, Missouri Insight Bowl and Texas A&M either Texas or Independence Bowl.
My guy says the fanbase wants USC in the Sun Bowl, but they're basically pencilling in the Gophers/Sparty as an easy win in the Alamo if that falls through.

ummmm.... Doesn't the Sun Bowl chose after the Alamo Bowl?

ummmm.... Doesn't the Sun Bowl chose after the Alamo Bowl?

Yes..."falls through" probably wasn't PlayHosea's best choice of words, but I think it represents what Oklahoma fans want. They'd rather go to the Sun Bowl to play Cal (if Oregon wins tonight's Civil War) or USC (if Oregon State wins).

And I'm still not buying any hype the Alamo Bowl is trying to throw out there. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me five times....

Yes..."falls through" probably wasn't PlayHosea's best choice of words, but I think it represents what Oklahoma fans want. They'd rather go to the Sun Bowl to play Cal (if Oregon wins tonight's Civil War) or USC (if Oregon State wins).

And I'm still not buying any hype the Alamo Bowl is trying to throw out there. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me five times....
Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. This fanbase should take note. See how other fanbases are eager to have a good game against an opponent that probably will beat them rather than beat up on a patsy for an easy W? Everyone that's upset with the U for scheduling Texas and USC over XXX Directional School needs to realize you can't elevate a program if you're afraid of superior opponents.

Top Bottom