Bowl eligible

I remember doing the "Can 5-7 get us a bowl game" tracker one year. Fleck's year one I believe (year zero).

Citrus? Vegas? Music City? Rose? Pinstripe? What are you all predicting?

I'm just going to follow this thread to see how many people post "bowel" instead of "bowl".... 🥸

I remember when that was a really big deal for the Gophers.
It hasn't happened many times for us in our history. Over 24 seasons it has happened 8 times: Mason (3), Brewster (1), Kill (1), Claeys (1), Fleck (2)

There’s also more bowls available now than ever. I remember bowls were taking 5-win teams 😳

I remember when Detroit Motor City Bowl was the toilet bowl for the Big Ten conference….isn’t there now more crappier bowl than Motor City Bowl for the Big Ten now?

Probably Citrus, Outback, Las Vegas, or Music City, depending on how those Wisconsin and Iowa games go. Maybe they try to keep us away from the Outback since we were there recently.

There’s also more bowls available now than ever. I remember bowls were taking 5-win teams 😳

I remember when Detroit Motor City Bowl was the toilet bowl for the Big Ten conference….isn’t there now more crappier bowl than Motor City Bowl for the Big Ten now?
That could happen again this year.

That's fine though as far as I'm concerned.

It hasn't happened many times for us in our history. Over 24 seasons it has happened 8 times: Mason (3), Brewster (1), Kill (1), Claeys (1), Fleck (2)
It would be 16 times over the 24 season period, unless you're referring to something else.

It would be 16 times over the 24 season period, unless you're referring to something else.
I was referring to the OP about being bowl eligible in October -- rather than bowl eligible overall -- but I didn't spell that out clearly.

Probably Citrus, Outback, Las Vegas, or Music City, depending on how those Wisconsin and Iowa games go. Maybe they try to keep us away from the Outback since we were there recently.
Citrus or Las Vegas. Doubt the B1G would send MN to the Outback just 2 years later. Music City and Pinstripe are too low.

Citrus or Las Vegas. Doubt the B1G would send MN to the Outback just 2 years later. Music City and Pinstripe are too low.
Do you know what the bowl tiers are now for the Big Ten’s new bowl ties? Prior to this season I think the Citrus, Outback, and Holiday Bowls were the top tier non-NY6 bowls for the Big Ten, with maybe the Gator, Pinstripe, and Music City Bowls below that. Does Las Vegas replace Holiday in the new bowl deal? I thought Music City might be possible if maybe Minnesota loses to both Wisconsin and Iowa, and maybe a 10-2 Michigan gets left out of the NY6, causing the Citrus, Outback, and Las Vegas to be filled by Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa, and bumping Minnesota down.

Do you know what the bowl tiers are now for the Big Ten’s new bowl ties? Prior to this season I think the Citrus, Outback, and Holiday Bowls were the top tier non-NY6 bowls for the Big Ten, with maybe the Gator, Pinstripe, and Music City Bowls below that. Does Las Vegas replace Holiday in the new bowl deal? I thought Music City might be possible if maybe Minnesota loses to both Wisconsin and Iowa, and maybe a 10-2 Michigan gets left out of the NY6, causing the Citrus, Outback, and Las Vegas to be filled by Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa, and bumping Minnesota down.
1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12
Big Ten Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big Ten team

2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC

4. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12

5. TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC

6. New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC

7. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12

8. Redbox Bowl vs. Pac-12*
Logistics on the Redbox Bowl TBD

9. Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC

Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Pac-12
Note: Big Ten alternates with the SEC between the Las Vegas and Duke’s Mayo (formerly the Belk) bowls over six seasons. Las Vegas is 2021, 2023, 2025, Duke’s Mayo is 2020, 2022, 2024

I don’t know the quality of the bowls, but my preference is:

1) Rose Bowl - obvious reasons
2) Vegas - perfect excuse for a trip to Vegas
3) Nashville - fun city
4) everywhere else

I don’t know the quality of the bowls, but my preference is:

1) Rose Bowl - obvious reasons
2) Vegas - perfect excuse for a trip to Vegas
3) Nashville - fun city
4) everywhere else
Yes. You clearly don’t know the quality of the bowls. You will be easy to please and you will likely be in situations where you are going to want to cheer for Gopher losses so you can travel to the destinations you want to visit. I guess I should be thankful you are not a fan of the Detroit party scene.

Top Bottom