Bouncing Back

Gold Rush

Reaction score
It was a brutal week last week for the Gophers and many people were upset at the end, including me. There was some venting by many of us and it was not too fun around here the last few days. Some even said, "Well there goes the season," but that is NOT the attitude to take here.

Somehow, someway you have to put it behind you and move on. The faster you can do this, the better. If you are still thinking about that lousy game next Saturday, you run the risk of losing that one, too. In effect, then Northwestern beats you TWICE and you just can't let that happen. Certainly, you learn from it and take steps to prevent it from happening again. But you can't dwell on it - we have to be thinking Louisiana this week, win that one and then we move on to the next game on the schedule.

This is a valuable life lesson that you learn on the football field. We can't let the past ruin the present or the future. You NEVER give up! If anything, maybe we can come out of it a little angry and play even harder this next week. Good coaches and teams will do this and I am sure Fleck and his staff have the team focused on the next game. This is what we all need to do. This was a very bitter pill to swallow -- I get that - but let's remember how lousy we all felt after the last game bounce back and make sure it doesn't happen again!!

Great post. The program must move on and quickly. We can't have what happened after the Michigan debacle, where we laid an egg the following week vs MSU.

This is where Fleck's "Championship Season" rhetoric needs to be more than just words, it needs to be a mindset.

It's Louisiana Championship Season and we must go 1-0.

Go Gophers!!

2014: Gophers lost a winnable game at Illinois. Next game, trounced Iowa
2021: Gophers bumbled against Bowling Green; responded with win on the road @ Purdue.

The thing that sucks about this one is it was a conference game, and we need to win all the conference games we can with the remaining schedule.

But hopefully, figure something out this week, and let's give Michigan a shot. Win it & we're back to all square with what was expected....right in time to get an off week & get ready for the really big one vs. Iowa.

Great post. The program must move on and quickly. We can't have what happened after the Michigan debacle, where we laid an egg the following week vs MSU.

This is where Fleck's "Championship Season" rhetoric needs to be more than just words, it needs to be a mindset.

It's Louisiana Championship Season and we must go 1-0.

Go Gophers!!
Yep, that next MSU game was more deflating than the Michigan game. We were like 6-0 coming into that fateful Friday night and we were favored against Sparty that next game as I recall. Winning would have us back on track at 7-1 for the remaining games.

Looking back a lot of points for both teams but I just remember thinking the Gophers were just flat even though scoring.

Ended the season at 10-3 with win against the Ducks in the Sun Bowl. Mason's best season.

Yes, must move one. Must score points. Must defend the pass.

It goes beyond saying "let's move on."

there are reasons why the Gophers lost to NW - reasons that go beyond "we didn't play well."

Yes, the players have to execute. but the Coaches have to be willing to consider making changes in schemes or personnel.

you can't just keep doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. If you want a different result, you have to do things differently.

What are Fleck and the coaches willing to do differently? that is the question.

There are times when the coaches have little to do with it, whether its this week or the second half of NW. Where were the seniors? Where were the captains? They have a much bigger role in both the good and the bad than many think.

Top Bottom