Bold Prediction

Over under 7 more wins? (regular season)

• Over

• Under

Results are only viewable after voting.

RogueGopher

Reaction score
Gophers will win 7 of the next 10 games, finishing the season 18-11 (9-11).

Last edited:

They could.
I'm not of the belief that this team is super downtrodden this year. We've missed multiple chances to get big wins. It's fine because no one thought this season would be any good, but there is a chance they will be kicking themselves at the end of the season for losing some games that were very winnable down the stretch.

I believe if everything goes their way then yes they could win 7 more games. That said, I also think that is unlikely and 5 is more reasonable.

I took the under at -1600.

I went with the under but 5-6 wins over this stretch wouldn't shock me if this group is able to stay healthy.

The degree of difficulty in the schedule gets much much easier from now till the Big Ten Tournament. But even with easier opponents the margin for error with this team is still going to be super slim most nights.

I would take a .500 record the rest of the way.

If they win more than that, great. But, as much as I like this team's approach, they still have almost no margin of error. they have to play their "A" game every night if they want a real shot at winning in this conference.

If he goes 5-5 the rest of the way- I am thrilled with Ben's performance this year. Willis has been amazing, and Battle really good but this team is otherwise at the very bottom of the Big Ten talent heap. No knock on the guys, who appear to be a great group who give it their all every night.

5 Big Ten wins would still be a good season (relative to expectations). 4.5 is still a good over/under number. Would feel better about getting to 5 if we were playing both Maryland & Nebraska twice instead of once, especially considering we play both on the road.
Man.. I haven’t really taken a dive into the depths of our schedule this year, but seems like we got hosed.

@iowa
@Nebraska
Penn State
@Ohio State
@Penn State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Indiana
@Maryland
@Northwestern

I'm gonna go with five, with one WTF win and one WTF loss. That will put 16-13, 7-13 in conference

If he goes 5-5 the rest of the way- I am thrilled with Ben's performance this year. Willis has been amazing, and Battle really good but this team is otherwise at the very bottom of the Big Ten talent heap. No knock on the guys, who appear to be a great group who give it their all every night.
Well said. Hard to be disappointed with much this year. We've really only been blown out twice, and both of those games were just matchup nightmares against 2 teams with final 4 potential.

@iowa
@Nebraska
Penn State
@Ohio State
@Penn State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Indiana
@Maryland
@Northwestern

I'm gonna go with five, with one WTF win and one WTF loss. That will put 16-13, 7-13 in conference
might as well just make the tournament. 9-1. seems easy enough.

Ben Johnson has proved he was ready and deserving of the opportunity to be a HC. If Johnson can get this squad to 5 conference wins his first season as HC would be a success.

Man.. I haven’t really taken a dive into the depths of our schedule this year, but seems like we got hosed.
We caught very few breaks schedule wise this year and our Big Ten schedule was super front loaded.

The remaining schedule certainly won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination but we should have a better chance of winning some games over the remainder of the regular season.

It is crazy that through 10 games we have only faced one team (Iowa) that has a sub .500 conference record and have not had a single game against PSU, Northwestern, Neb, or Maryland who are all hanging right around us in the standings.

If there was ever a year you want to get hosed by the schedule- this is it. We never had a chance to go to the tournament. It seemed there was a brief flicker of hope when we were rolling through the NC schedule and 1-1 in the Big Ten but reality hit when we started to see the huge mismatches against the better teams. Let's hope we get a better shake next year with the young guys on board.

@iowa
@Nebraska
Penn State
@Ohio State
@Penn State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Indiana
@Maryland
@Northwestern

I just don't see a WTF loss on the schedule. Some might think Nebraska but a loss away in the Big Ten is never a surprise. They have to play out of their heads every night to win.

If there was ever a year you want to get hosed by the schedule- this is it. We never had a chance to go to the tournament. It seemed there was a brief flicker of hope when we were rolling through the NC schedule and 1-1 in the Big Ten but reality hit when we started to see the huge mismatches against the better teams. Let's hope we get a better shake next year with the young guys on board.
I mean... 7-3 is possible with the remaining schedule (lose to OSU, Iowa, WI) and would add 4 more road wins. This team has no bad losses to this point. Probably need to win 1 or 2 in the BTT. But to act like they can't go with what we've seen this year so far is probably not true. They've absolutely overachieved to this point and, based on what we've seen from Ben and Co this year, i don't see why they can't continue to do so. Back half a lot kinder to this team.

I just don't see a WTF loss on the schedule. Some might think Nebraska but a loss away in the Big Ten is never a surprise. They have to play out of their heads every night to win.
Bryce McGowens is one of the best freshman in the conferene, but the rest of their team is dog water.

I have been unusually busy so not watching much lately but I really think like 2-3 more wins is realistic.

NW at home, they're better than I think most give them credit for and it's two days after the second Penn State game. Also the thing about the Nebraska game they probably see it as one of their better opportunities to get a win, at home so will probably get their best shot in that one. The whole point of a WTF loss is you don't see it from the start, but that's also the Big Ten, the bottom of the league picks off the top all the time. For example, we had a very good game plan at IU, there guards hit shots they normally don't, i wouldn't count on them doing it again, plus it'll be Senior day, ,ots of guys playing there last home game for us. If we can bring the same energy at home vs Wisconsin as we did in the first match up, I think we can pull it out, don't think Brad's going to hit five threes again. @ Iowa, will have Curry this go around. At Maryland last game for a coach whose a dead man walking, they might stink it up that day.

slightly off-point, but if they can get to 16 or 17 wins, they could get an NIT bid. That would be a nice reward for the effort this team has shown.

Most years, the NIT is not seen as a positive, but this year, considering everything, I would take an NIT bid as a positive step forward.

Nebraska should just be kicked out of the Big Ten. What a miserable program they run in both basketball and football.
It's good for us, because they are a cupcake, but what a disappointment they have been for the conference so far.

Top Bottom