Bobby Knight at the football complex today - picture

umn99

Reaction score
Very cool!!

@GopherGridiron Coach Kill was visited today by the legendary Bobby Knight. Coach Knight said he was a big fan of Coach Kill!

y1bvs.jpg

Another of the many Kill admirers outside of the program. The future is bright.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Did he give Jerry any advice on proper technique for choking kids?

IMO,
Knight has always been a class A dbag. He is probably up here for grouse hunting again. The last time he hunted He did not buy a hunting license and "Cheneyd" his friend in the face with bird shot. He still has a warrant out in Puerto Rico for assault.

Knight is a great coach and a bit of a jerk as a person. The combo isn't really that unusual, he just doesn't bother to hide it.

Yeah what kind of jerk hates a chronic sociopath who mentally and physically abuses kids.

wow. i didn't know you were a licensed psychiatrist trained to make such assessments of others. well, excuse me oh overlord of sarcasm, cynicism and backhanded compliments. please proceed sir.

wow. i didn't know you were a licensed psychiatrist trained to make such assessments of others. well, excuse me oh overlord of sarcasm, cynicism and backhanded compliments. please proceed sir.
Just trained as a Psychologist thanks. :)

Fact- He hunted grouse without a license and peppered his hunting partner with bird shot.= POACHER

Fact- He choked his player in practice on video= Anger issues.

Fact= He has an outstanding warrant in Puerto Rico for assault.

Some folks just HATE the truth.

No wonder Coach Kill was so animated in his press conference today. I'm surprised he didn't throw a chair.

You can say what you want about Knight's rough personality, but the guy installed discipline, was a winner, and graduated his kids with minimal off court problems. Most of the guys who played for Knight respected him and appreciated what he did for them on and off the court. Sure, it's too bad he couldn't constrain himself a bit. However, I'd trust my kid with Knight more than a lot of other self serving coaches out there (Tressel, Switzer, Kiffen, etc.) That said, we got the best in Coach Kill. He's manning these kids up both on and off the field.
GO GOPHERS!

You can say what you want about Knight's rough personality, but the guy installed discipline, was a winner, and graduated his kids with minimal off court problems. Most of the guys who played for Knight respected him and appreciated what he did for them on and off the court. Sure, it's too bad he couldn't constrain himself a bit. However, I'd trust my kid with Knight more than a lot of other self serving coaches out there (Tressel, Switzer, Kiffen, etc.) That said, we got the best in Coach Kill. He's manning these kids up both on and off the field.
GO GOPHERS!

What ^^^^ said, huge Bobby Knight fan here. He's one of the only coaches that I've ever heard not only sing the academic tune, but actually practice it. He was in favor of the 4 year scholarship to discourage one and done's. The list goes on and on. Does he have a temper? Yes. Does he care? Absolutely. Wish I knew he was in town, he's on my bucket list of people to meet.

Bobby Knight is a disgrace as a human being. He doesn't have the maturity of a 12 year old. I wouldn't let my kids go within a 100 yards of him. Anyone willing to overlook his disgusting behavior just because he won a few basketball titles should do some serious soul searching. What else are you willing to overlook in people because they are good at what they do?

Does he have a temper? Yes. Does he care? Absolutely.
This reminds me of a pamphlet we used to hand out at a woman's crisis center I volunteered at.
You can say what you want about Knight's rough personality, but the guy installed discipline, was a winner
The fact that his winning percentage enters into this conversation at all shows how messed up the priorities of most sports fans are. There are a lot of winners who are flat out terrible people.

Top Bottom