Bob Sansevere on U: Just one of their 10 wins had you go, “Wow!” The victory over Penn State, and that’s it.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sansevere:

The Gophers finished the regular-season with a 10-2 record. It’s not as impressive as it looks.

Just one of their 10 wins had you go, “Wow!” The victory over Penn State, and that’s it.

On a day when there was sleet and snow and a flurry of big plays by Wisconsin, the Gophers lost because the Badgers were better and because they still haven’t figured out how to handle success.

Handling success is a huge step in the maturation of a team. The Gophers experienced success in beating then-No. 4 Penn State on Nov. 9. That win wasn’t a fluke. It wasn’t program-altering, either. After a 9-0 start, where they stood after Penn State, the Gophers lost two of their last three games.

Over their dozen games, the Gophers roused a fan base and injected excitement into a program that has been mostly average for the past half century. Fleck and his players deserve a hearty clap on the back for that but, really, what did they do on the field that was extraordinary?

Go Gophers!!

Bob Sansevere can go eat a Rutgers linemans D. Who cares what he thinks, he never played a down of football.

“You have to get that out of your system. going to be critics, cynics, doubters”

Yeah P.J. summed up this guy pretty nicely. Took a whole hour for media to sling mud and drag the whole season down. A once in 50 year season!!

Bob Sansevere can go eat a Rutgers linemans D. Who cares what he thinks, he never played a down of football.
I'll have you know that Bob Sansavere competes at a very high level when he dresses up like an ancient Roman and makes miniature horses pull him in a makeshift chariot (this is not made up).

It's fair, I guess, but how many teams have even one "wow" win this year? Alabama? Utah? Michigan (I guess ND)? And speaking of ND...did ND have a "wow" win? Oregon? Baylor? We could keep going.

MN kicked the sh!t out of a bunch of teams this year. Maybe not "wow", but impressie. They didn't squeak out too many wins in B1G conference play, which is a HUGE leap forward IMO. MSU was 6-6 and barely squeaked by a Maryland team that MN crushed. Neb didn't make a bowl for the 3rd straight year. On and on. This season was a huge success. Sucks to lose to Iowa and Wisconsin. Hurts bad. But don't downplay the entire season.

Bullshlitt. I said WOW when they unexpectedly smoked Brohm’s team at Purdue. I said WOW when they crushed Nebraska. I said WOW when they torched Maryland. And I said WOW when the PSU game ended. This was so very much more than a 1-win season, and Sansevere should strive to be a better writer than some of the folks on this fan message board.

per Sansevere:

The Gophers finished the regular-season with a 10-2 record. It’s not as impressive as it looks.

Just one of their 10 wins had you go, “Wow!” The victory over Penn State, and that’s it.

On a day when there was sleet and snow and a flurry of big plays by Wisconsin, the Gophers lost because the Badgers were better and because they still haven’t figured out how to handle success.

Handling success is a huge step in the maturation of a team. The Gophers experienced success in beating then-No. 4 Penn State on Nov. 9. That win wasn’t a fluke. It wasn’t program-altering, either. After a 9-0 start, where they stood after Penn State, the Gophers lost two of their last three games.

Over their dozen games, the Gophers roused a fan base and injected excitement into a program that has been mostly average for the past half century. Fleck and his players deserve a hearty clap on the back for that but, really, what did they do on the field that was extraordinary?

Go Gophers!!

I can’t believe some of the absolute c0c( sucks in Minnesota. It makes you think Minnesota doesn’t deserve anything near P.J. Fleck. I swear some of these guys in the Minneapolis media have to be the biggest dweebs ever to write about sports. Fleck is right, that MINNESOTA ATTITUDE HAS to change.

Bullshlitt. I said WOW when they unexpectedly smoked Brohm’s team at Purdue. I said WOW when they crushed Nebraska. I said WOW when they torched Maryland. And I said WOW when the PSU game ended. This was so very much more than a 1-win season, and Sansevere should strive to be a better writer than some of the folks on this fan message board.

Preach. This was a fun year that would have slightly exceeded my expectations if we were just talking win total, but I would not have thought we could beat Penn State as good as they are. I also didn’t foresee the smackdowns vs Nebraska and Maryland.

Does he even realize that his statement BEGINS with "Just one of their 10 wins..."

10 wins. Say that again. 10 regular season wins. With the two losses to teams that will likely finish the season ranked in the top 15.

What a dolt.

Bob’s right.
The season as a whole - 10 Wins - should make you say WOW; but, PSU is really the only win that does.

Will be interesting next year when we might not draw the backup/3rd string QBs from all of those teams (other than PSU)

At least Reusse is still somewhat relevant. He’s a giant turd, but relevant. Bob Sansevere hasn’t been relevant in decades. Decades. I honestly wasn’t aware he still wrote. He was a wrinkly washed up know nothing doofus in the 90s when he used to get some notice.

Will be interesting next year when we might not draw the backup/3rd string QBs from all of those teams (other than PSU)
You can play it like that, but some of those guys got hurt during play against the Gophers. Teams that have that amazing season get lucky, Gophers got lucky. Doesn't take away that they won 10 games, a number that were in my opinion surprising blowouts, an Iowa game that could have went either way despite a horrible start, plus PSU of course. Expectations people have are kind of ridiculous. Best season in 50+ years...put a * next to it. Glass for me is half full, yours is obviously half empty.

You can play it like that, but some of those guys got hurt during play against the Gophers. Teams that have that amazing season get lucky, Gophers got lucky. Doesn't take away that they won 10 games, a number that were in my opinion surprising blowouts, an Iowa game that could have went either way despite a horrible start, plus PSU of course. Expectations people have are kind of ridiculous. Best season in 50+ years...put a * next to it. Glass for me is half full, yours is obviously half empty.

I enjoyed the hell out of the season and the wins. I didn’t mean to rain on it but I will also not disagree with someone that is negative on some of the wins because they went from, “we’re favored, we should win most of these” to, “this other team can’t even get the ball past midfield.”

“The Gophers experienced success in beating then-No. 4 Penn State on Nov. 9. That win wasn’t a fluke. It wasn’t program-altering, either.”. Completely disagree with this statement. I live in Nebraska now and all my coworkers (yes huge Cornhusker fans) could talk about was Minnesota after this game. My company’s corporate office is in Atlanta and I have had about 20 conversations this last month about Minnesota and these are from SEC fans. When I fly I wear my Gophers hat and got stopped by a Michigan fan in the airport who couldn’t stop talking about ”row the boat”. I can’t go any where now without someone wanting to talk Gopher football... heck even my Nebraska in-laws wanted to talk about the Wisconsin game during Thanksgiving. I got 5 separate text messages this morning from Alabama and LSU fans wishing us good luck. The PSU game was program-altering in my little universe.

BS......bitches be crazy. They exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations. Who gives a $hit what this douche thinks.

10 wins is 10 wins and you can only play who is on your schedule. However, I would say this season is closer to 2016 than most would want to admit. That team had PSU beat and let them come back. This one didn't. Certainly the margin of victory over the weaker teams helped too.

What a dink hopefully he walks off a cliff

Talk about it all you want.

But these guys win, with their obvious trolling article, if you click on the link. Just sayin

Top Bottom