Bob Knight

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
I have a hard time telling if Bob Knight is a fan of the shot fake. He hasn't mentioned it in 2 minutes and 17 seconds now. :rolleyes:

He is just a stubborn as an announcer - using every possible shot fake situation to somehow attempt to prove how good of a coach he was. To me, he doesn't have anything to prove to me - but it just reveales a layer of his character.

Hahahah I watched that game too. My friends and I keep making fun of it. I guess there are some good threads on the OSU board making fun of it too.

I have a hard time telling if Bob Knight is a fan of the shot fake. He hasn't mentioned it in 2 minutes and 17 seconds now. :rolleyes:

He is just a stubborn as an announcer - using every possible shot fake situation to somehow attempt to prove how good of a coach he was. To me, he doesn't have anything to prove to me - but it just reveales a layer of his character.

Regardless, he is the best color guy ESPN has. I learn something new from him everytime he works a game.

My favorite part of that game was when he says, "game over" with like 10 seconds left and it ends up going into overtime.

C'mon Josh

You think a guy like Knight is trying to prove something to YOU? My, my, you have quite a high opinion of yourself. Bobby Knight could not care less if you breathe your next breath, let alone get your approval of his coaching ability/knowledge or his color commentary.

I sometimes get shades of the "look at how great of a coach I was", but the vast majority of the time I am busy appreciating the fact that he isn't Dick Vitale and actually has something interesting to say regarding the game.

I like that he offers insight into the game of basketball and its strategy that the other guys can't give you.

Regardless, he is the best color guy ESPN has. I learn something new from him everytime he works a game.

He's very good. I think Jay Bilas is better, but Knight's probably #2. I wish CBS would hire or at least get permission to pair Bilas with Jim Nance as thier #1 team. They use him for early-round games but then we have to listen to Clark Kellog during the Final Four. He's not good. He's marginally better then Billy Packer was at the end.

Knight is great for the game and I definitely enjoy his announcing during the game.

You think a guy like Knight is trying to prove something to YOU? My, my, you have quite a high opinion of yourself. Bobby Knight could not care less if you breathe your next breath, let alone get your approval of his coaching ability/knowledge or his color commentary.

Ummmmm, not sure how to respond to this weird outburst, since I never actually thought or said that he was only announcing toward me. I was merely giving him a compliment by saying in my view he has nothing to prove to me - meaning I think he is the best coach in my lifetime. I must not have been as clear as I should have been in my original post. I'm not sure what your point is here....do you actually think I believe he cares/knows what I think? Nobody else had this strange reaction.

Is this just Brewster Booster trying to drum up controversy?

Top Bottom