Bob Huggins Proposal...What Do You think of His Idea?

60's Guy

Reaction score
https://westvirginia.rivals.com/new...ns-has-received-positive-feedback-on-proposal It includes a flattering, GQ photo too.
Without giving it much thought it would seem to solve some money issues and give closure for some teams.
Only about a million things to iron out and orchestrate....but if the teams involved want to do it...shouldn't they have the opportunity?
Would you go the full enchilada? Or fewer teams because conference tournaments didn't finish in many conferences. Interesting but unlikely is my guess.

https://westvirginia.rivals.com/new...ns-has-received-positive-feedback-on-proposal It includes a flattering, GQ photo too.
Without giving it much thought it would seem to solve some money issues and give closure for some teams.
Only about a million things to iron out and orchestrate....but if the teams involved want to do it...shouldn't they have the opportunity?
Would you go the full enchilada? Or fewer teams because conference tournaments didn't finish in many conferences. Interesting but unlikely is my guess.
I like it. However, it is a crying shame that they didn't go ahead and play the games in empty arenas. They could have tested the players, coaches and refs and then kept them in quarantine as long as they remained in the tournament. It would have picked up the biggest TV ratings of all times and would have been good medicine for the nation.

So ... would Minnesota make the field or not? Obviously there was some chance they could've made a run in the Big Ten tourny.

Interesting proposal. All guys that were drafted by nba teams will be out. It would be fun, but my guess would be it will be watered down!

I like it. However, it is a crying shame that they didn't go ahead and play the games in empty arenas. They could have tested the players, coaches and refs and then kept them in quarantine as long as they remained in the tournament. It would have picked up the biggest TV ratings of all times and would have been good medicine for the nation.

Yup and it would have provided a blueprint on what to do or and not to do moving forward.

Playing in March would have required testing. Testing seems pretty elusive even a month later.
Hopefully, they are progressing to an organized system pretty soon here.

Ridiculous idea. So we go back and finish out the Big Ten Tournament? Bring back all those players who have moved on, either out of school or to a different school? What about each team's current roster come fall, what does the coach do, coach them both. What about coaching changes?

Silly silly idea!

This is a good post for the day when we have ample and accurate testing, and will be able to make decisions based on them. That wasnt an option then, or now.

I can't see any possible way that any of this would ever happen.

Top Bottom