Bob Gibbons Top 200+ For 2010 Recruits

FOT

I am surprised EE is a bit higher than Austin.

Do you have an opinion on that?

Sorry FoT but if I had seen this list posted I probably would have started a thread with, not necessarily an uncomplimentary title, but ...

If I read correctly elsewhere the other B10 teams have fairly impressive recruiting classes coming in. With Eliason redshirting and one player at 149? We got nothin' coming next year. No disrespect to Hollins, he might be the next Michael Jordan for all we know. If we don't land Joseph I think most of us will view the '10 class as a legimate recruiting bust.

Sorry.

Sorry FoT but if I had seen this list posted I probably would have started a thread with, not necessarily an uncomplimentary title, but ...

If I read correctly elsewhere the other B10 teams have fairly impressive recruiting classes coming in. With Eliason redshirting and one player at 149? We got nothin' coming next year. No disrespect to Hollins, he might be the next Michael Jordan for all we know. If we don't land Joseph I think most of us will view the '10 class as a legimate recruiting bust.

Sorry.

Eliason hasn't redshirted (yet) but he is expected to do so.

Hollins is an excellent prospect but not Michael Jordan level.

I think both are good signees for the Gophers.

reserve

Sorry.

As it turns out, the 2010 class may bring more to the Barn than the 2009 class!

:)

I think both are good signees for the Gophers.

I'm sure they'll be fine players and good representatives of the U.

Here's the deal for me .. When I see Tubby bring in the B team or second group of five I'm not seeing a lot of scoring. I know White and Mbakwe really screwed things for us this year and maybe they weren't planning on having a lot of needs next year but regardless and I know it sounds like I'm ripping on them but I just expect us to be able to recruit better than we did for 2010.

Here's the deal for me .. When I see Tubby bring in the B team or second group of five I'm not seeing a lot of scoring. I know White and Mbakwe really screwed things for us this year and maybe they weren't planning on having a lot of needs next year but regardless and I know it sounds like I'm ripping on them but I just expect us to be able to recruit better than we did for 2010.

Gophers had 3 open spots, now 4.

2 were filled with good recruits.

Wait and see who gets the other 2.

reserve

I think you nailed it here. They were expecting Mbakwe and White to be on hand and on the court, not in it.

That's why it's hard to not sound like I'm ripping on them Section because I am but I'm not. I just don't think there are many reasons why we shouldn't be landing top 25 classes year in and year out.

That's why it's hard to not sound like I'm ripping on them Section because I am but I'm not. I just don't think there are many reasons why we shouldn't be landing top 25 classes year in and year out.

Tubby has landed Top 25 (or better) classes in 12 of the past 15 years (1996 through 2010) so odds are, you're right. Gophers are LIKELY to sign Top 25 (+) classes with Tubby.

Two top 150 recruits should translate into a top 40 recruiting class. But wait, we're not done, two more slots to fill. If we get Cory and another 3*, we're a top 25 class.

The Royce White and Mbwkeee debacle have hurt this team for 3 years. Tubby's approach is to have a one or two top 30 recruits systematically surrounded by talented role players. Many programs operate this way. Look at Wisconsin,Purdue,etc. The two top players were going to be RW and Mbwkeee.......This is a great approach and a very good long term strategy to develop a winning program. He was too late to recruit a stud for 2010(unless CJ comes here) There we have it.---He is recruiting some additional stop players for the 2011/2012 class. The RW debacle has cost this team 3 years recruitment/performance (2009,2010,2011) and is a huge setback for the program.

The Royce White and Mbwkeee debacle have hurt this team for 3 years. Tubby's approach is to have a one or two top 30 recruits systematically surrounded by talented role players. Many programs operate this way. Look at Wisconsin,Purdue,etc. The two top players were going to be RW and Mbwkeee.......This is a great approach and a very good long term strategy to develop a winning program. He was too late to recruit a stud for 2010(unless CJ comes here) There we have it.---He is recruiting some additional stop players for the 2011/2012 class. The RW debacle has cost this team 3 years recruitment/performance (2009,2010,2011) and is a huge setback for the program.

Do us all a favor and STFU ok?

Tubby has land Top 25 (or better) classes in 12 of the past 15 years (1996 through 2010) so odds are, you're right. Gophers are LIKELY to sign Top 25 (+) classes with Tubby.

We're in good hands FoT. I'll look forward to it.

hey reserve why dont you put me on your ignor list.
You don't like my opinions so have a converation with yourself!

I'm sorry, did Tubby not go hard after guys like Harrison Barnes, Jelan Kenrick, Trey Zeigler, Ray McCallum, Casey Prather, Vander Blue, etc.?

If Tubby doesn't land a top 30 recruit this year, it won't be for a lack of want or time.

I'm sorry, did Tubby not go hard after guys like Harrison Barnes, Jelan Kenrick, Trey Zeigler, Ray McCallum, Casey Prather, Vander Blue, etc.?

If Tubby doesn't land a top 30 recruit this year, it won't be for a lack of want or time.

No matter.

This program needs top flight recruits - that can actually get on the floor. Tubby needs to get it done.

Top Bottom