Board is frustrating to post on because of constant refreshes.

We are working on fixing this. There's a thread on the Help Board which we will merge this with so our IT can have the issues all in one spot. Thanks for flagging.

I have it on iPhone and using the Firefox Focus app, which is the fastest way you can use GH. All ads blocked.

Except lately there is this “Sports Grid” video at the bottom of the page. It’s not a traditional ad it’s like a flat out embedded video in the webpage. I would not be surprised if that is a culprit in this.

We received a detailed response from our IT/ad partner:

From looking at the comments it appears that a lot of readers are talking about the page refreshing on iPhones. This is an iOS refresh bug that's impacting most of the internet right now including major sites like CNN and Sports Illustrated. This issue is not exclusive to Raptive and is affecting other ad networks as well.

The iOS refresh is intentional on Apple's part, designed to manage memory and ensure smooth device performance. At this stage, Apple completely controls the page reset feature, which they view as a benefit, rather than an issue, and unfortunately means we can't implement an immediate fix. We are, however, actively exploring ways to minimize our memory usage to enhance the performance of our ad code.

It can vary from device to device, but clearing device cache and app data could help with that, although it won't completely fix it since Apple has the limits set in the devices themselves. It can also happen much more frequently when using a browser through Facebook, Instagram, etc as those apps can add additional memory to the page experience which causes the refresh issue quicker.

For users of Android phones, Android also has a memory saver function that performs the same function of refreshing the page, but it can be disabled. If able, you can instruct the user that reported the issue on Android to do the following, this should help:

They can disable Chrome's Memory Saver feature to prevent tabs from being refreshed automatically. To do this, open Chrome, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen, select Settings, scroll down and tap Performance, and then toggle off the Memory saver switch. Resource here.

Just FYI. GH works much better for me when I’m using the Brave browser.

Pathetic response by the vendor.

This doesn’t happen to me on any other webpage or even message board for that matter.

I have an iPhone 15 plus with only Firefox Focus open and it still happens.

We received a detailed response from our IT/ad partner:

From looking at the comments it appears that a lot of readers are talking about the page refreshing on iPhones. This is an iOS refresh bug that's impacting most of the internet right now including major sites like CNN and Sports Illustrated. This issue is not exclusive to Raptive and is affecting other ad networks as well.

The iOS refresh is intentional on Apple's part, designed to manage memory and ensure smooth device performance. At this stage, Apple completely controls the page reset feature, which they view as a benefit, rather than an issue, and unfortunately means we can't implement an immediate fix. We are, however, actively exploring ways to minimize our memory usage to enhance the performance of our ad code.

It can vary from device to device, but clearing device cache and app data could help with that, although it won't completely fix it since Apple has the limits set in the devices themselves. It can also happen much more frequently when using a browser through Facebook, Instagram, etc as those apps can add additional memory to the page experience which causes the refresh issue quicker.

For users of Android phones, Android also has a memory saver function that performs the same function of refreshing the page, but it can be disabled. If able, you can instruct the user that reported the issue on Android to do the following, this should help:

They can disable Chrome's Memory Saver feature to prevent tabs from being refreshed automatically. To do this, open Chrome, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen, select Settings, scroll down and tap Performance, and then toggle off the Memory saver switch. Resource here.
I appreciate the effort to solicit this and post this feedback. Is this the end of the road?

my refresh rate has been about every 30 seconds today.
Is there a longer term strategy to address this for iPhone users? I’d hate to lose access to the community, but this platform has become intolerable. I miss Tapatalk.

No disrespect intended, just communicating the level of frustration.

Is there a longer term strategy to address this for iPhone users? I’d hate to lose access to the community, but this platform has become intolerable. I miss Tapatalk.

No disrespect intended, just communicating the level of frustration.

Yes we are working with the vendor to get this fixed.

We’re passing along the above information until we have more info.

I’m at the end of the road here.

Posting without getting 2 or 3 refreshes in a minute is near impossible for me.

I may be done if this continues past November.

Top Bottom