Black Jerseys

Here are highlights of Purdue, in all black—in a night game—handling OSU in 2018. Clearly, PJ is a student of football history and is using every little detail to get into Ryan Day’s head. OSU looked kind of uninspired against Purdue; they got what they deserved. Day is going to have the Buckeyes emotionally prepared for our game. If we win, we’ll have earned it.

Last edited:

I think these are sweet!! Can’t wait for the opener!!

The players love it, my son will be at his first game in the student section as an incoming freshman (3 year letterman in football) and he loves them too.

100% approve.

Along with 75% of the other D1 programs in the country. Gotta stay on trend with the players wearing the uniforms
I could easily go down this road: are players at Alabama less genuine than players at Oregon, and I guess now Minnesota, in this sense?

But ..... what's the point?

Sure, I wish the players weren't so hyped about this. But they clearly are ... unless you think they're just putting on a show for the YouTube video.

Just like Fleck's whole schtick .... if we win, then who gives a F. Just win.

Sweet jerseys! The players loved them and that’s what matters most.

I think we should rent Purdue Pete to come to the game as Goldy's guest ;)

Purdue Pete named college’s creepiest mascot​

Dn4v_sEUUAA0_RD.jpg

Quarterback: SET H-----

-sees pete at the back of the endzone-

Quarterback: What play am I calling ?!?!??!?!

Last edited:

Dn4v_sEUUAA0_RD.jpg

Quarterback: SET H-----

-sees pete at the back of the endzone-

Quarterback: What play am I calling ?!?!??!?!
They say, if you call Pete's name three times while looking in a mirror ..... Jeff Brohm shows up to be your head coach and you finish middle of the pack for the next six years .....

They say, if you call Pete's name three times while looking in a mirror ..... Jeff Brohm shows up to be your head coach and you finish middle of the pack for the next six years .....
Excuse me for a moment while I smash every mirror in my house. Can never be too sure ...

Last edited:

I like them. Would have loved to see maroon numbers with gold trim. Might not be a lot of contrast between maroon and black but Oregon pulled it off.

Not complaining though, they're solid. Especially with that helmet!
View attachment 13891
Agreed, I like the look. I don't know if anyone remembers it, but Stanford did an all black uni once where they did the flat black helmet with a Crimson metallic "S" and it wasn't bad.

Attachments

• Stanford Helmet.jpeg
    Stanford Helmet.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

I think we can get rough feel for what we would look like in black uni with maroon numbers. This is the look Stanford has. They also have one in white too.

Attachments

• Black & Crimson.jpeg
    Black & Crimson.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
  • White Numbers.jpeg
    White Numbers.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2

Here are highlights of Purdue, in all black—in a night game—handling OSU in 2018. Clearly, PJ is a student of football history and is using every little detail to get into Ryan Day’s head. OSU looked kind of uninspired against Purdue; they got what they deserved. Day is going to have the Buckeyes emotionally prepared for our game. If we win, we’ll have earned it.
This just gives me so much hope, gotta be the black jerseys.

Top Bottom