Birmingham Bowl Dorks Up Team Name

It's always hilarious when something like that makes it through numerous production checks (that should happen, anyway) and into a store.

Reminds me of the sign manufacturers who will put literally anything you give them on a sign. I once had a fortune-telling business next to me with 3-4 huge brand new window sticker signs saying "OARCLE VISIONS". (btw if PJ finds this one we're getting a new slogan)

Some people do their job so robotically that they probably said "I make signs, what am I, a dictionary? Print it."

It's always hilarious when something like that makes it through numerous production checks (that should happen, anyway) and into a store.

Reminds me of the sign manufacturers who will put literally anything you give them on a sign. I once had a fortune-telling business next to me with 3-4 huge brand new window sticker signs saying "OARCLE VISIONS". (btw if PJ finds this one we're getting a new slogan)

Some people do their job so robotically that they probably said "I make signs, what am I, a dictionary? Print it."
Not really the same thing, but I once saw a bunch of t-shirts for a high school in California at my local Twin Cities Target store (in the section where they sell the stuff from the local high school). Someone screwed that shipment up. The funny part to me was that they put them on the shelf and hoped they'd sell.

I mean I write code.

I'm the last guy who should be doing someone's copy ... and yet PR related folks write incomplete sentences and send them to me and wonder how the damn text in the app makes no sense.

Like dude ... that's your text...

Not really the same thing, but I once saw a bunch of t-shirts for a high school in California at my local Twin Cities Target store (in the section where they sell the stuff from the local high school). Someone screwed that shipment up. The funny part to me was that they put them on the shelf and hoped they'd sell.
My dad was a JCPenney manager growing up so I got a line on some sports clothing oddities, like sweet Packers Super Bowl XXXII Champions gear. (the Packers lost to the Broncos that year)

Also, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle (among others) made billions selling t-shirts for random/fake high schools to teenagers. As of my last visit to Japan about 10 years ago, hugely marked-up garage sale merch featuring American colleges was incredibly high fashion. I saw women who were clearly fashionable people in Harajuku (high fashion Tokyo district) wearing second-hand Minnesota State Screaming Eagles gear, and saw my old 1987 Twins World Series sweat pants going for around $60.

They've fixed it. It's just a jpeg layered on a stock shirt (recolored for the school colors) for the website.

Still a mess up, but it's not like they are printed and ready to go. Some may have shipped out, but these are print on demand.

Top Bottom