Big ten womens bb tournament 2024

Hope Gopher fans show up for tonights game. We r going to need big games from Heyer, GG n another strong performance from Battle. Would also be nice if we got increased bench points. March madness- let’s go Goldy !

Hope Gopher fans show up for tonights game. We r going to need big games from Heyer, GG n another strong performance from Battle. Would also be nice if we got increased bench points. March madness- let’s go Goldy !
I'll be there! Go gophers!

Iowa won. Easy victory in overtime. (sarcasm) Trailing by 7 in regulation with 2 minutes to go.
3rd straight Big Ten Tournament Championship.

NB with some interesting coaching decisions late in the game. Taking shots early in the clock with a lead and falling in love with the 3 when they had been doing well in the paint. In the end I think fatigue is what did them in n of course CC shooting.

It was one of the more entertaining games that I have seen, in a long time.

I think every high school girls team, should watch Iowa play basketball. They are fundamentally solid and fun to watch.

A lot of entertaining conference tournament games this year. Can’t wait to watch the Women NCAA tourney and hope the Big Ten does well. Hoping Gophers get a bid to one of the other tournaments so I can watch them too.

NB with some interesting coaching decisions late in the game. Taking shots early in the clock with a lead and falling in love with the 3 when they had been doing well in the paint. In the end I think fatigue is what did them in n of course CC shooting.
Iowa didn't sub offense/defense until very late once or twice for Steulke. It was a guaranteed Nebraska 2 points...she was letting the post score with four fouls.
Don't get either of the decisions...leaving her in to defend (especially, if she was going to just let the opponent score) and not relentlessly taking advantage on the Nebraska side.

A lot of entertaining conference tournament games this year. Can’t wait to watch the Women NCAA tourney and hope the Big Ten does well. Hoping Gophers get a bid to one of the other tournaments so I can watch them too.
Might be tough with no home gym if we are on the fence. Imagine things go differently...Braun is healthy, Hart is healthy, Battle finds her swerve 20 games earlier, Heyer plays unconscious not just to start the season but in it's entirety. Somehow we got a last minute transfer who was our second leading scorer and the Gophers qualify for two home games in the NCAA tournament but can't host those first two games because the gym is unavailable.

Only the Gophers do stuff like this as a Big Ten team.

You make really valid points. There's 1 thing that happened and it hadn't happened all game. The Hawks turned up their defense big time in the OT and Nebraska wasn't quite ready for that. That last minute and a half was fierce.

Might be tough with no home gym if we are on the fence. Imagine things go differently...Braun is healthy, Hart is healthy, Battle finds her swerve 20 games earlier, Heyer plays unconscious not just to start the season but in it's entirety. Somehow we got a last minute transfer who was our second leading scorer and the Gophers qualify for two home games in the NCAA tournament but can't host those first two games because the gym is unavailable.

Only the Gophers do stuff like this as a Big Ten team.
I would imagine it’s not an issue. The boys 3rd place HS tournament games on the Saturday could be moved to somewhere like Concordia University or St. Thomas and then the Gophers could host Saturday/Monday.

You make really valid points. There's 1 thing that happened and it hadn't happened all game. The Hawks turned up their defense big time in the OT and Nebraska wasn't quite ready for that. That last minute and a half was fierce.

Congrats to Iowa! Sounds like a great game. It's a magical season for Clark.

EDIT:

"It was Clark's last Big Ten game, and -- unless they somehow meet in the NCAA tournament -- her last against a Nebraska team she has plagued. Clark scored 30 points or more in all 10 career games against the Huskers, winning nine of them.

She leaves the Big Ten as the league tournament's career leader in scoring (327) and assists (112) in 13 games. Now, the senior expected to be the No. 1 pick in April's WNBA draft looks toward her final NCAA tournament."

What does this mean for next season? Nebraska has the Big Ten Freshman of the year. Olivia Olson heads to Michigan. Gophers have players coming in. What will Indiana look like? And Iowa without Clark?

Meanwhile, overshadowed by Clark, Paige Beuckers is having a resurgent season. Beuckers will return to the NCAA next season.

Last edited:

Britt Prince has committed to Nebraska.

Ironically, we could see these two teams swap standings in thr Big Ten next season.

Iowa is going to have to wait a year before their new 5* commit Addie Deal gets to play. Looking forward to her in 2025.

Top Bottom