Big ten womens bb tournament 2024

Gophearl

Reaction score
FYI. Tickets are on sale at the gopher ticket office. $125.00 foe all sessions which I thought was a deal

FYI. Tickets are on sale at the gopher ticket office. $125.00 foe all sessions which I thought was a deal
Do you have a link, per chance? Not seeing it on Gopher ticket website. Thanks.

1702086622891.png

looks like Wednesday's games are now at 530/8CT (previous years were early afternoon games)

and the Championship Game looks like it's at 11am (previous years were mid afternoon) and this year the Championship game is on CBS/Paramount+

Butts will be filling seats at Target Center when Minneapolis hosts the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament March 6-10 — and if you want to go you better act fast because tickets are limited.

“For the coming upcoming Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament, a full two weeks away, just 1,900 tickets remain until a complete sell out of the Target Center,” a spokesperson from the Big Ten told Bring Me The Sports on Tuesday.

“We’re anticipating more than 109,000 fans across the 7 sessions.”

The tournament will be held March 6-10. There are 13 games across seven sessions, meaning there could be around 16,000 people in the stands per session.

Michigan beat Purdue 64-60. That locks us in to the #11 seed. Thank goodness for that win over Purdue to have the tie breaker!! We'll face #14 seed Rutgers in the second game on Wednesday. Full brackets should be posted by the Big Ten later this evening.

Looks like Iowa might be without a starter as Molly Davis went down with a knee injury on Sunday and went through Senior Day activities in a wheelchair and heavily wrapped leg.

Looks like Iowa might be without a starter as Molly Davis went down with a knee injury on Sunday and went through Senior Day activities in a wheelchair and heavily wrapped leg.
🙁

Still plan on attending but at the beginning and mid season did not think we would be playing on weakling Wednesdayand the late game no less. Hard when you are attending from out state but I would like to see the BIG Tournament return to Minnesota So I want to support the team and the tournament

Still plan on attending but at the beginning and mid season did not think we would be playing on weakling Wednesdayand the late game no less. Hard when you are attending from out state but I would like to see the BIG Tournament return to Minnesota So I want to support the team and the tournament
I hope PLENTY of Gopher fans show up...

as a FAN has the last month of so been frustrating for us yes 100% I can ONLY imagine how it's been for the players and coaches.. I'm sure just as frustrating if not more and I'm sure because I know the 2022's are very good friends.. I'm sure they have felt like they have let down Mara and fans down..

I just HOPE a good amount of Gopher fans show up Wednesday to give them a spark with the HOME court.. even though it's a late game..

clean slate new season..

Last edited:

It is Wednesday....not tomorrow (which is Tuesday).......

: - ))

And, looks like tickets are available for $1 for Wednesday on Seat Geek if people weren't able to get tickets earlier......big crowds won't be there until Friday as I don't expect Iowa folks to care much about the earlier games.

Last edited:

Purdue will be without starter Caitlyn Harper due to a torn ACL on senior night. 11.6 ppg/3.9 rpg.

In Hoosier injuries:

Heading into the Big Ten Tournament, Indiana women’s basketball has two major question marks.

After both Mackenzie Holmes and Lilly Meister suffered injuries on Sunday against Maryland, the status of both post players is of utmost concern for IU going to Minneapolis. The Hoosiers are the No. 3 seed, so they won’t play until Friday — against either No. 14 seed Rutgers, No. 11 seed Minnesota, or No. 6 seed Michigan.

Holmes left Sunday’s game with 1:20 remaining in the third quarter after bumping knees with a Maryland defender — the same knee she’s had problems with at the end of the last two seasons. Meister came out with 3:32 left in the game after landing awkwardly on a shot attempt and hurting her ankle.

After the game, IU head coach Teri Moren described both players as day to day.

“Hopefully, tomorrow (Monday), they’ll both wake up feeling better. But as of right now, it’s just going to be day to day,” Moren said. “The evaluation is going to be ongoing right now. There’s some festivities right now with seniors and Mack, especially, and so I think they’re allowing her some time with her family to do that before we know any more.”

Holmes returned to the bench at the end of the game, drawing a roar from the crowd on her senior day. Her status is of particular interest, given her vital role on this IU team.

She missed eight games in January and February 2022 after undergoing midseason knee surgery, and she never quite returned to full strength that season after coming back. The injury resurfaced during last season’s Big Ten Tournament, which played a role in IU’s elimination in Minneapolis. She missed the team’s first-round NCAA Tournament game and wasn’t at full strength in the second round, when Miami upset Indiana.

“She certainly has had some bad luck, especially, in late February. But we’re going to be hopeful and optimistic that it’ll turn out the way that we want it to. Mack’s a very, very resilient, tough kid as we know. And we have great medical people, medical staff, that will do everything they can for both she and Lilly to make sure that if they’re available for the Big Ten Tournament, they’ll be available.”

Meister’s injury would be problematic as well. The Hoosiers don’t have an excess of post depth, and the sophomore would otherwise take on a big role if Holmes missed any time.

After Meister left the game, the Hoosiers went with a smaller lineup for a bit, moving Yarden Garzon to the five. Arielle Wisne came in around a minute at the end of the game — she’d be Indiana’s only available true post player if both Holmes and Meister were unavailable. Sharnecce Currie-Jelks has been out for most of Big Ten play; earlier in the season, Moren said she was dealing with personal matters.

If either or both players are unavailable, it would impact Indiana’s plans in Minneapolis. But Moren made clear she’s not only thinking about this weekend.

“I think we’ll have a better idea as we go into the week, who’s going to be available for the Big Ten Tournament,” Moren said. “But the bigger picture also is the NCAA Tournament. And so we have a lot to think about — certainly the Big Ten Tournament, but beyond that, as well.”

I’ll be there supporting our team and woman’s basketball. I hope we are not 1 n done and compete hard. I love having the tourney in town and it’s been difficult not having the Gophers being competitive the past 2 tournaments.
Agree, any news on where next year’s tournament will be? I was hoping because of attendance records they will put it back here next year. Starting next year, it gets a little dicey, not only is there still weakling Wednesday but the bottom three teams do not make the conference tournament due to the expansion with the number 10 seed also playing on Wednesday.

Agree, any news on where next year’s tournament will be? I was hoping because of attendance records they will put it back here next year. Starting next year, it gets a little dicey, not only is there still weakling Wednesday but the bottom three teams do not make the conference tournament due to the expansion with the number 10 seed also playing on Wednesday.
the Tournament will be back at Indy next year!

For those who attended last year, anyone have tips regarding the general admission seating? I'm one of the unfortunate season ticket holders who purchased tournament tickets through the Gopher ticket office. They assured me they had enough seats for season ticket holders, so I bought reserved seats through them way back on Dec 5. All was good until a couple weeks ago when I was informed my reserved seats had been changed to general admission and I'd get a refund of the price difference. Personally, I find the policy of prioritizing based on Gopher score extremely frustrating. To a certain extent, I get it, but I bought my tickets 3 months ago!! I shouldn't be kicked out of my reserved seats at the last minute, especially considering I'd renewed my women's bball tickets for next year. I'm definitely bitter about it. Had I been informed this was even a possibility, I wouldn't have purchased the tickets through the Gopher office.

So now instead of enjoying reserved seats and not stressing, we are going to have to search for seats in the general admission sections every day. Anyone know if they make fans clear out between the early and late games? Or do people just camp out in their seats all day long? General admission is going to make everything more difficult, just having to worry about someone taking our seats if we go to the bathroom or concessions. Extremely disappointed but we'll certainly make the best of it.

For those who attended last year, anyone have tips regarding the general admission seating? I'm one of the unfortunate season ticket holders who purchased tournament tickets through the Gopher ticket office. They assured me they had enough seats for season ticket holders, so I bought reserved seats through them way back on Dec 5. All was good until a couple weeks ago when I was informed my reserved seats had been changed to general admission and I'd get a refund of the price difference. Personally, I find the policy of prioritizing based on Gopher score extremely frustrating. To a certain extent, I get it, but I bought my tickets 3 months ago!! I shouldn't be kicked out of my reserved seats at the last minute, especially considering I'd renewed my women's bball tickets for next year. I'm definitely bitter about it. Had I been informed this was even a possibility, I wouldn't have purchased the tickets through the Gopher office.

So now instead of enjoying reserved seats and not stressing, we are going to have to search for seats in the general admission sections every day. Anyone know if they make fans clear out between the early and late games? Or do people just camp out in their seats all day long? General admission is going to make everything more difficult, just having to worry about someone taking our seats if we go to the bathroom or concessions. Extremely disappointed but we'll certainly make the best of it.
It has always been ALL General admission until this year. If you put your jacket on your seat, nobody will take it. They will clear the arena between sessions (at least that’s what I’ve seen posted - I don’t remember that from last year). There will probably be plenty of people that only come for their team’s game and then leave. If you are coming for the whole tournament and get there an hour or so before each session, I think you’d be fine. I’m guessing the sessions with Iowa will be the hardest.

It has always been ALL General admission until this year. If you put your jacket on your seat, nobody will take it. They will clear the arena between sessions (at least that’s what I’ve seen posted - I don’t remember that from last year). There will probably be plenty of people that only come for their team’s game and then leave. If you are coming for the whole tournament and get there an hour or so before each session, I think you’d be fine. I’m guessing the sessions with Iowa will be the hardest.

Today is all general admission. For the remainder of the tournament, general admission is in the upper deck. We'll be in the upper deck.

Yes, last year they cleared the arena between the day and evening season's. (On the way out, we walked past long lines of Iowa fans waiting to get in. You probably won't find a secret way past them. The Iowa sessions will be the hardest.)

Top Bottom