Big Ten Tourney tickets

ron456

Reaction score
Did anyone else find that they had paid for lower level tickets and receive balcony tickets?:mad: Ticket office did issue credit for difference,but nothing was ever said about possibility of being moved. We have had season tickets for 47 years,but apparently that doesn't overide rich and corporate donors.Maybe we should raise some fuss about this and call and e-mail ticket office and Maturi. Probably wont do any good,but at least let them know there is some anger out there. We paid for lower level tickets and that is what we should get.

Ron, if you don't mind me asking, what section and row did they put you in?

I was disappointed to find out our tickets are in Section 208 (the 3rd tier), Row 1. We've ordered BTT tickets for 10 years running & this is the first time -- whether in Indy or Chicago -- we've been put in the upper deck. Seats have always been top-notch because the Gopher crowds are so sparse. I called the ticket office and they made no mention of any kind of a refund (we paid $300 a pop). Now that you mention it, I see that the price on the tickets (for 5 sessions) adds up to $270, not $300. In the mailing, they made no mention of getting reduced-price (worse) tickets.

We are also long-time season ticketholders and were bumped out of the lower level into 2nd level, row 10. It may be because the Gopher section is mid-court, behind the teams this year (maybe due to 2nd place finish last year). Big 10 probably gives those lower level, mid-court seats to their VIPs. There was no problem getting lower level when Gophers section was in the end or corners before.

Thanks go 31, that makes some sense.

Still doesn't explain why our ticket face value adds up to $270, but still were charged $300 and given no indication we were paying for "lesser" seats.

I had the same issue with my tickets. When I received my initial confirmation, my seats were listed as Sec 1, Row 21, Seats 18-20, which is lower level behind a hoop.

Received my tickets in the mail yesterday and am now located in Section 208, row 8 I believe.

I have sent an inquiry to the ticket office and still waiting for a response.

Ticket office just called me. I was told the reason for the seat move was due to the large volumes of orders this year. It was by far and away the most orders they have had for BTT tix and simply couldn't accommodate everyone on the lower level like normal. Makes sense with the high expectations for the Gophers at the time ordering took place.

He did refund my credit card the difference in ticket price as we were on the phone.

Wow, I'm actually surprised Minnesota had a lot ot ticket orders. Generally speaking, our crowds are usually pi*s poor at the Big Ten Tournament. Disappointing crowd in Milwaukee last year for the NCAA, too, considering how close the game was played to Minneapolis.

Well, in the end, I guess this is a good thing. Sounds like we'll have a good contingent of Gopher fans in Indy for a change.

Disappointing crowd in Milwaukee last year

Wasn't the game sold out through both the Gopher ticket office and the Bradley Center ticket office?

The schools don't get many tickets for the 1st-and 2nd-round games, so I figured there'd be plenty of hardy Gopher fans who'd make the trek to Milwaukee without a ticket, but that wasn't the case. From what I've seen it looks like Gopher fans only travel well when it's a really, really special season (1996-97), which is disappointing. Every year at the BTT it's the same teams that have a significant following. ... Illinois, MSU & Wisconsin, especially.

I was a little disheartened by how few Gopher fans made the trip to Milwaukee from Minnesota. If you want to see them play in the NCAA Tournament and you have patience -- especially at a site as close as Milwaukee -- you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get into the arena.

Tickets

In reply to Selection Sunday, our tickets are also in section 208 row 1. I called again today and the criteria for lower level seating was not based on seniority but donations.I guess money is more important than loyalty.The person I talked to said we should come and see him at the table in the lobby and that 45 people were bumped upstairs. Maybe we should all go together and express our displeasure. I think my 47 yrs as ticket holder should count for something!It makes me a little angry that some corporate donor that doesn't know basketball from hockey might be in nice lower level seat while I'm straining to see.:mad:

Is this a prelude to the reseating of the Barn? I anticipate it is. This is a good year to be honoring those long time ticket holders during the games because I'm betting that won't matter in the face of big $$.

I was told by the ticket office that Minnesota usually sells about 425 tickets for the BTT. This year they sold a little more than 600 so they had to request extra tickets in the upper deck. The more I think of it, the more I'm pis*ed off.

Basically they're telling me I'm one of the 175 schmucks they relegated to the upper deck. Doesn't matter at all that I've ordered tickets to this tournament at least 10 years running. Some other clowns who have never been to the tournament and who won't in the least care about any games other than the Gophers will be sitting in the better seats, while tourney regulars like my folks and I watch from above.

And I'd be willing to bet if I hadn't noticed we were overcharged for our tickets, they never would have said a word. I only got a credit on my credit card because I called them. They would have pocketed another $120 if I hadn't called them. Not an honorable way to do business.

future

I expect the seating problem will get worse in the future with 12 teams at the Tourney starting next year.

Not automatically crediting the accounts is bogus.

Top Bottom