Big Ten Tournament cancelled

A 2nd Jazz player tested positive and apparently Golbert (sp) wasn't taking it seriously and touching all reporters mics etc. and stuff in the locker room. Oy.

The problem is he's traveled to five cities during the incubation period, each city in the league has played the JAZZ or a team the JAZZ has played during the incubation period, every team in the league has possibly been exposed to it.

Certainly health is paramount, still am sure very disappointing for all the players who have dreamed their whole lives about the dance and now have it taken away. Was watching the ndsu game the other night and of course how excited they were to advance - now wont get that once in a lifetime experience.

The NHL is officially postponed as well as MLB spring training. Definitely not looking good for March Madness.

Are all the High School Tournaments over already?

MSHSL came out and said they will play the championship round of the State Girls BB tournament on Friday and Saturday with family only in the audience. No 3rd-place games or consolation round games after today. (thursday). Boys BB Section finals will be played. Fans tonight - family only Friday and Saturday.

No decision yet on whether the MN State Boys BB tournament will be held.

Wisconsin HS Athletic Association also came out and said their Girls and Boys BB tournaments will be immediate family only for spectators.

But those Ivy League presidents and ADs were so out of line a couple weeks ago!
I like that the tweets remain about about how unreasonable they were...

The problem is he's traveled to five cities during the incubation period, each city in the league has played the JAZZ or a team the JAZZ has played during the incubation period, every team in the league has possibly been exposed to it.
Yep. You'd have to say odds are at least one player on another team has gotten it by now.

The NHL is officially postponed as well as MLB spring training. Definitely not looking good for March Madness.
I'd say the chances of the tournament being played are the provberbial 2% at this point.

This virus is no joke. My Paranoia is full bore.

Looks like this year "March Madness" will have a different meaning. :(

its all over. Duke and Kansas are out of all Athletic activities. NCAA will cancel or suspend the Tourney.... only a matter of time

Makes me glad we lost all those close games now. Perfect balance of talent and disappointing losses. Thank god I’m not a Badgers fan.

Makes me glad we lost all those close games now. Perfect balance of talent and disappointing losses. Thank god I’m not a Badgers fan.
It would have been a shame to win them all for nothing.

With all the negatives in the world its nice to know that we played further into March than Wisconsin. I was never impressed in their post season abilities.

Also nice to finish the Big Ten Tournament with a win.

Should they have a very abbreviated version of the NCAA Championship, something like only 8 teams qualifying? It'd be really easy to verify that everyone on those 8 teams is virus free and to quarantine them from the rest of the world during the limited tournament.

With all the negatives in the world its nice to know that we played further into March than Wisconsin. I was never impressed in their post season abilities.

Also nice to finish the Big Ten Tournament with a win.
They got something they can celebrate forever, the Big 10 title. To the players , that really matters.

They got something they can celebrate forever, the Big 10 title. To the players , that really matters.
Well... keep in mind it was a joke, so don't get too bent out of shape over the "slight" to your team.

I will say that the Badgers had a great chance to make some noise in the big dance this year. But then again, so did the Gophers after winning the Big Ten Tournament. Sigh... I guess we will never know how far either team would have gone.

This entire turn of events gives a new meaning to the term "March Madness."

No. It's going to be because this climate isn't appropriate for making changes and interviewing new candidates.

Everything is going to be frozen for the next few months. That's why.
Agree with this. Would be irresponsible to make a major change right now unless the next step is already 100% set in stone

Top Bottom