Big Ten Network without cable/satellite

Oh yeah. I tried it a couple of months back. At the time, they didn't have live CBS or Fox available, so they are making improvements. I'm hoping that they add History to their channel lineup at some point, as that's the only network I watch that isn't included.

Weird that they don't include the history channel.

No, I use the PS3 or ChromeCast from my wife's iPhone. I have a Samsung cell, and an Android app is supposed to be coming this week, which I'm pumped about! A word of advice to anyone wanting to use it: get a higher grade of internet if you plan on keeping it and using it, especially for sports. Our only high-speed options where we live are CenturyLink (which we currently have) or Comcast. As much as I don't want to give those soul-sucking bastards my business, I think I'm going to have to because 12 Mbps is the max we can get through CenturyLink, and that's just not enough for this service in my experience so far.

Thanks. Was curious if anyone had tried it with the roku yet.

I'm assuming you get Fox Sports North with it?

You do understand that HDTV is digital?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True! Not all digital signals are HDTV however. Receiving an HDTV signal depends on the channel transmitting the signal and an HDTV receiver. It has nothing to do with the antenna.

Correct - with the caveat that the "recording" only lasts 28 days after airing.

Have they added FSN Plus yet? When I tried it a couple months ago it wasn't there yet but I figured it was only a matter of time. Sling TV has it.

Thanks. Was curious if anyone had tried it with the roku yet.

I'm assuming you get Fox Sports North with it?

FWIW, my friend uses it with a Fire TV and says it works great. I'm sure the Roku is mostl identical.

Really the only downside is no 5.1 audio.

I called Comcast, back in January after my promo offer ended, and told them I wanted to cancel my service and that I was switching to Century Link for Internet and Direct TV for tv service. That's all it took and they gave me a $360 bill credit and dropped both services back to the promotional prices for a year. So I didn't even have to pay anything for about 2 1/2 months and now I pay about $115 a month for 40 MBPS internet and the mid tier tv package. I'll have to call back next January to do the same thing and now with Sling and Playstation Vue I have more ammunition to get the job done.

I will be moving to an area in MPLS where Century Link offers their Prism TV and fiber Internet. I think the price for 40mb and the mid tier Prism tv is around $110 per month (not as cheap as I was hoping).

Top Bottom