Big Ten Media Days Open Thread

after watching that video and seeing rittenberg stand next to gray, i'm curious as to who people think can bench press more weight? it's hard to tell when they are standing next to each other.

Wow...Rittenberg is tiny.

I really want Q to excel these next two years, because I think he will end up being a great representative of The U. He's much less animated in this interview, but he just seems like a really cool guy.

Justin Gaard just on KFAN from Chicago

Props to him, that was the most intelligent, well thought out segment I have heard from KFAN regarding the gophers. He was positive toward the program without sounding homorish. Liked the interview, looking forward to his Big Ten conference coverage this afternoon.

I like that Gray mentioned Kiese. He's an unknown, but I think he could develop into a nice #2.

Post all stories, opinions, interviews here in one continuous thread, so we don't have 85,000 different threads on the same or similar topic.

Here's the coaches' schedules to speak, with live video on Bigtennetwork.com

LEADERS DIVISION COACHES
10:00 AM Ron Zook (Illinois)
10:15 AM Bret Bielema (Wisconsin)
10:30 AM Danny Hope (Purdue)
10:45 AM BREAK
11:00 PM Luke Fickell (Ohio State)
11:15 PM Kevin Wilson (Indiana)
11:30 PM Joe Paterno (Penn State)

LEGENDS DIVISION COACHES
12:00 PM Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)
12:15 PM Brady Hoke (Michigan)
12:30 PM Bo Pelini (Nebraska)
12:45 PM BREAK
1:00 PM Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)
1:15 PM Jerry Kill (Minnesota)
1:30 PM Mark Dantonio (Michigan State)
1:45 PM Bill Carollo (Coordinator of Football Officials)
2:00 PM Mark Silverman (BTN President)
2:15 PM Jim Delany (Big Ten Commissioner)

Diggin' the new polo. Might have to gets me one.

Interesting GH tweet:
Ouch! Not only is Kill there, but so are Mason AND Brew! RT @Kyle_Heikkinen: @GopherHole Was Jerry Kill even invited to the B1G media days?

Brew is there for Fox, I'm guessing?

Zook has yet to be asked a question about Illinois.

Zook: "I'm third in seniority (in #B1G), it's kinda mind-boggling,"

Interesting GH tweet:
Ouch! Not only is Kill there, but so are Mason AND Brew! RT @Kyle_Heikkinen: @GopherHole Was Jerry Kill even invited to the B1G media days?

Brew is there for Fox, I'm guessing?

Yep, Brew in attendance for Fox, and obviously Mase with BTN. That would be quite the picture for the STrib to get if they could get all three talking to each other!

Go Gophers!!

Gaardsy isn't going to be homerish, he's a Jerkeye fan. But lately, he's shown some respect to our Gophers, probably thanks to coach Kill.

From MVofDT:
Bielema looks extra hungover today, more than usual

:clap:

Bielema says Russell Wilson isn't guaranteed starting QB job. BB hasn't seen him take one competitive snap in practice yet.

All I hear from Bielema is "we're not Ohio State. We're not Ohio State. Oh hey, we're not Ohio State"

Gaardsy isn't going to be homerish, he's a Jerkeye fan. But lately, he's shown some respect to our Gophers, probably thanks to coach Kill.

Nah, he has to now that KFAN's picking us up. He knows where his bread is buttered.

I don't say this very often but Bielema might be the first coach in the histor of sports who I think is a jack aass. Meathead is a great nickname for him.

Luke Fickell up to the Mic.

Marcus:
Ohio St's coach Fickell compared Pryor to his high-profile freshman Miller. I think Gray is obvsly a better comparison especially size wise.

I like Wilson. Haven't heard him talk before but he comes off well.

I love JoePa interviews at media days.

Is there a stream of this??

Yeah.. As soon as I posted I bounced over there.. I forget about that site sometimes.. =/ Thanks though.

Hoke used "tremendous" at least 4 times. Good thing we didn't hire him, that would've caused a meltdown :)

Bo's up. He's shiny. I also love his passion for the game.

Bo loves "tremendous" as well. What is the world coming to?

Bo loves "tremendous" as well. What is the world coming to?

We only notice it because of Brew. And the Jerkeye/Becky trolls called him Tremendous Timmy and made fun of us with the word. It's a word that coaches use alot, we just have gotten a ton of flak for it.

Top Bottom