Big Ten Football Season Expected To Proceed – Without Michigan, Michigan State

Exactly. He's 0-5 against that "school down south" and makes like $8M/year. If he wanted to walk away from that, I am not sure the administration would try to stop him.
1. I doubt this causes him to leave.
2. Michigan would be absolutely foolish to let him walk.

1. I doubt this causes him to leave.
2. Michigan would be absolutely foolish to let him walk.
1) I also doubt it would cause him to leave, my comment followed posts about how he might want to leave if Michigan opted out of the season (either as an institution or under pressure from the State).

2) How would Michigan stop him? Sue him to enforce his contract? That would be great for the program. "Hello four and five star recruits, come to Michigan where we are trying to force Jim Harbaugh to be your head coach until his contract expires!"

What's the status with all of the other bowl games? I know some of the lower tiered ones are already canceled but would there be any "postseason" for any big ten teams not named Ohio St?
Bowls exist to make money, by selling tickets and hotel rooms. Obviously TV deals are part of that equation. But enough a part? Good question.

1) I also doubt it would cause him to leave, my comment followed posts about how he might want to leave if Michigan opted out of the season (either as an institution or under pressure from the State).

2) How would Michigan stop him? Sue him to enforce his contract? That would be great for the program. "Hello four and five star recruits, come to Michigan where we are trying to force Jim Harbaugh to be your head coach until his contract expires!"
I meant they would not want him to go, not that he will be forced to coach against his will. Poorly worded by me I admit.

What's the status with all of the other bowl games? I know some of the lower tiered ones are already canceled but would there be any "postseason" for any big ten teams not named Ohio St?
Gophers a lock for the Redbox Bowl...Sadly cancelled.

I'm sure Harbaugh has a hefty buyout. Hard to imagine any other school wanting to pay him $8 million/year AND pay his buyout under the current circumstances. As for the NFL, I'm not sure it's that different of a scenario there. Will any teams say "here's 5 years $50 million"?

I heard an interesting discussion on a podcast the other day regarding playoff eligibility, etc

The other conferences, the SEC, ACC, Big 12, are NOT happy, as in pissed, at the B1G for trying to make their power play early last month about shutting things down, assuming everyone would follow, strong-arming the other conferences, which backfired miserably.

Because they have a LOT of say in how the playoff is determined, they are NOT going to make it easy on the B1G at this point. No reason for them to make it easy whatsoever. We'll see how this plays out.

I don't buy it. If the Big Ten has an undefeated team....they won't be left out in favor of a one loss team from the SEC. The SEC could push for it....but I have little doubt that the ACC and Big 12 brass have as much contempt for the SEC bias as the Big Ten or the Pac-12. Even in a wacky year like this......the only one loss teams that would be considered would be from the SEC......and the last thing that the other conferences would want to do is reinforce the idea that one loss SEC teams are better and more deserving than undefeated teams from other P5 conferences.

This won't be the last thread/post to not age well.
Kind of like this one.
dewey-defeats-truman-newspaper-underwood-archives.jpg

Top Bottom