Big Ten Flex Schedule

dingo

Reaction score
We were talking about the Big Ten Scheduling at the game last night. Debating the 6pm vs. the 8pm start time and which people prefer. Saturday and Sunday games now, and how we miss the standard time slots we used to have before the Big Ten network.

Which got me thinking... I dont really care what day of the week the Gophers play, its the time slot that bothers me most. I would prefer a 7pm start on a Monday instead of a 8pm start on a Wednesday... (am I the only one?) So would people prefer the Big Ten to go to more of a NBA schedule?

Every Big Ten team basically plays twice a week. Why couldnt that be accommodated still but with a more flexible schedule? Yes, there would probably be some tight turn arounds a couple times a season, but it would also allow for some larger breaks to get healthy.

The only downside I see would be the Big Ten network would maybe need some more crews and the womens games that play on some of those nights might bet bumped off TV or to a really bad slot.

BTN

Well it appeared that last night the BTN had to show some of it's award winning programming between 6PM and 8PM instead of a live event. THAT made no sense. Did anyone catch the comment from the half-time show last night that said Lawrence Westbrook is the only true senior on the team? I guess it depends on how one defines the word 'true' but it gave the impression that LW is the 'only' senior on the team. Again, not too impressed with the broadcast from the BTN.

Well it appeared that last night the BTN had to show some of it's award winning programming between 6PM and 8PM instead of a live event. THAT made no sense. Did anyone catch the comment from the half-time show last night that said Lawrence Westbrook is the only true senior on the team? I guess it depends on how one defines the word 'true' but it gave the impression that LW is the 'only' senior on the team. Again, not too impressed with the broadcast from the BTN.

Isn't the big ten network not allow to show live games, when a different network is airing games also. like last night ESPN had the MSU at Michigan game at 6 pm central, BTN is not allow to air a game oppose of another network airing a big ten game.

This is like in Football, BTN is not allow to air a live game oppose of ABC in a given time slot.

You're right -- the BTN is a second class network.

Top Bottom