Big Ten/ACC Challenge Thread

holy shit maryland looks abysmal. for those complaining about our offense, watch the first half of that game from MD. Woof
The first half from Duke last night was pretty sad as well, didn't bother watching them get blown out further.

The first half from Duke last night was pretty sad as well, didn't bother watching them get blown out further.

I have to get up early but was just too much fun watching Duke get rolled so watched the whole thing. Really felt like Illinois was in playground mode at times they felt so little threat from Duke. Illinois, MSU, Iowa are high quality teams but I have no idea which of those teams is best. They seem about the same to me. Must see tv when those teams go head to head.

holy shit maryland looks abysmal. for those complaining about our offense, watch the first half of that game from MD. Woof

Yeah, 15 points and 10 turnovers at half. Not good. Hope we play them twice :)

Oh, c'mon! That's pretty pessimistic. All it takes is winning Although we have a very tough schedule over the time period you mention, I think we will win some of those. I feel this team is better than last year's team and last year's team managed to beat Ohio State twice, Michigan, Penn State, and Oklahoma State over the mid-December to late January stretch.
Where did I say we wouldn't win any games??? I think you might have a reading comprehension problem? We are picked bottom 4 you know? We are playing mostly ranked teams or certainly teams picked to finish above us. To conclude we'll be favored without my caveat of "unless we unexpectedly shock some people in December and January" is not pessimism, it's reality.

Clemson going into an absolute shell letting MD hang around. we'll see if another massive comeback is on the cards.

Edit: and just as I write that, MD lets an airball get to a big for a dunk, then turn it over into a 3 point in transition to put the lead back to 17.

NW will be kicking themselves over that one. I’m all for trying to play your style, but let Pitt right back into the game. Fun one to watch tho

Where did I say we wouldn't win any games??? I think you might have a reading comprehension problem? We are picked bottom 4 you know? We are playing mostly ranked teams or certainly teams picked to finish above us. To conclude we'll be favored without my caveat of "unless we unexpectedly shock some people in December and January" is not pessimism, it's reality.

I understood your post. You said that we are unlikely to be favored in any game (after Thursday's) until February. I think that is unlikely unless we completely fall on our faces. You can't look at the relative rankings now and assume they stay pretty much the same over such a long stretch. For example, if we manage to go 2-3 against Illinois, St. Louis, Iowa, Michigan State, and Wisconsin (that only takes us through the end of December), we'll be favored in some of those January games. Maryland laid a huge egg against Clemson after a 4-0 start, we play Michigan twice in January and they haven't really been tested yet, we play Nebraska and Purdue in January and they've both struggled, and Ohio State hasn't beaten anyone particularly noteworthy so far. Add in lineup uncertainty due to COVID and this season is even less predictable than usual.

I understood your post. You said that we are unlikely to be favored in any game (after Thursday's) until February. I think that is unlikely unless we completely fall on our faces. You can't look at the relative rankings now and assume they stay pretty much the same over such a long stretch. For example, if we manage to go 2-3 against Illinois, St. Louis, Iowa, Michigan State, and Wisconsin (that only takes us through the end of December), we'll be favored in some of those January games. Maryland laid a huge egg against Clemson after a 4-0 start, we play Michigan twice in January and they haven't really been tested yet, we play Nebraska and Purdue in January and they've both struggled, and Ohio State hasn't beaten anyone particularly noteworthy so far. Add in lineup uncertainty due to COVID and this season is even less predictable than usual.
I'm not going to look it up but a lot of those games you and I both think we may win are on the road. I don't think it is likely we are favored on the road. And all have to go by now is now. We could be 12 and 0....we'll be favored most of January if it happens but right now we wouldn't be.

I'm not going to look it up but a lot of those games you and I both think we may win are on the road. I don't think it is likely we are favored on the road. And all have to go by now is now. We could be 12 and 0....we'll be favored most of January if it happens but right now we wouldn't be.

Yes, but January doesn't happen until the end of December so it's not sensible to predict that we won't be favored in any January games right now. I believe we will be even without being 11-0 through December. Playing away in an empty auditorium isn't quite the same thing as playing on the road traditionally. The home team only went 6-5 in the ACC-Big Ten challenge.

Top Bottom