Big Ten/ACC Challenge Thread

stocker08

Reaction score
Woof. Did anyone see Purdue lay an egg? Up 32 - 14 at half against Miami. Ended up losing 58 - 54....o_O

Big Ten: 6
ACC: 5

Tuesday:

Purdue (54) @ Miami (58) - (4:00 on ESPN2)
Boston College (80) @ Minnesota (85) - (6:00 on ESPNU)
#16 North Carolina (80) @ #3 Iowa (93) - (6:30 on ESPN)
#22 Ohio State (90) @ Notre Dame (85) - (6:30 on ESPN2)
Penn State (75) @ #15 Virginia Tech (55) - (8:00 on ESPNU)
#6 Illinois (83) @ #10 Duke (68) - (8:30 on ESPN)
Syracuse (69) @ #21 Rutgers (79) - (8:30 on ESPN2)

Wednesday:

Maryland (51) @ Clemson (67) - (4:00 on ESPN2)
Indiana (67) @ #20 Florida State (69) - (6:15 on ESPN)
Georgia Tech (75) @ Nebraska (64) - (6:15 on ESPN2)
Pittsburgh (71) @ Northwestern (70) - (8:15 on ESPN2)

NC State @ Michigan - (Postponed)
#4 Michigan State @ #18 Virginia - (Cancelled)

Last edited:

Even worse for Purdue... Miami was down their best player and another starter tonight. Epic collapse.

Iowa was absolutely raining threes against UNC...

If Purdue didn't piss down their own leg....and the remaining two games hold....the Big Ten could have won the challenge in the first day....sweeping all seven games.

Michigan St - Virginia is now canceled. So if Illinois wins the Big Ten already clinches.

It's going to end up 6-1 on day 1. I never thought I'd see the day where Iowa beats UNC and Rutgers beats Syracuse. Neither were upsets in Vegas either. I think college basketball as a whole is just way down again this year, just no real stacked teams outside of Gonzaga which is a bizzarre sentence to type.

It's going to end up 6-1 on day 1. I never thought I'd see the day where Iowa beats UNC and Rutgers beats Syracuse. Neither were upsets in Vegas either. I think college basketball as a whole is just way down again this year, just no real stacked teams outside of Gonzaga which is a bizzarre sentence to type.
The B1G seems to have fewer one-and-dones with more experience, but maybe lower overall athleticism than the other major conferences. All the teams stacked with freshman have to be at a disadvantage this year.

Truly an odd year when Iowa looks like they could be elite, and Kentucky is struggling.

Iowa 17 3’s. Be nice if the Gophers had just one assassin from 3.

It’s great to see the Big Ten dominate but sheeesh the Gophers gotta try and beat all these teams. 😳

Yeah, people need to realize that finishing 10th in the B1G is pretty hard to do. There really are no easy games any more. I know we have three B1G games in the "Must Have" category of the need 19 wins thread, but are we really confident we can sweep Nebraska?

Yeah, people need to realize that finishing 10th in the B1G is pretty hard to do. There really are no easy games any more. I know we have three B1G games in the "Must Have" category of the need 19 wins thread, but are we really confident we can sweep Nebraska?
Not in the least. Lol But, if we don’t it’s much harder to get to 17 or 19. The competition is crazy hard and the beginning schedule is Uber difficult. After Thursday we won’t be favored to win a game until February...unless we unexpectedly shock some people in December and January.

After Thursday we won’t be favored to win a game until February...unless we unexpectedly shock some people in December and January.

Oh, c'mon! That's pretty pessimistic. All it takes is winning Although we have a very tough schedule over the time period you mention, I think we will win some of those. I feel this team is better than last year's team and last year's team managed to beat Ohio State twice, Michigan, Penn State, and Oklahoma State over the mid-December to late January stretch.

For the time being, MSU, Illinois, Iowa, Baylor, Gonzaga have separated themselves from the pack. 3 big ten teams in the final four would be excellent. Maybe big10 even wins it this year, been too long.

I cant seem to find NET rankings. Anybody know do they come out later in the season?

Last edited:

For the time being, MSU, Illinois, Iowa, Baylor, Gonzaga have separated themselves from the pack. 3 big ten teams in the final four would be excellent. Maybe big10 even wins it this year, been too long.

I cant seem to find NET rankings. Anybody know do they come out later in the season?

And get an asterisk for winning it in the pandemic.

huge wins for the big ten that I’d imagine will play a big role in deciding the bubble provided the dance happens

huge wins for the big ten that I’d imagine will play a big role in deciding the bubble provided the dance happens
Lol, The bubble to decide who gets in to the bubble!

I looked already too even though I feel like they don't come out until like 10 games into the non conference slate and even then aren't really a good representation. Others will know exactly, but I know they normally aren't available 5 games in.

I'm still shocked at the pasting that Penn St gave to Virginia Tech. A win in general isn't surprising. However, if you watched that game, Penn State took them to the woodshed... in Blacksburg. The ironic thing is Penn State came into this year a bit like the Gophers. Lost their best player (Stevens), but still returned a good backcourt. If they didn't give up that big lead to Seton Hall on Sunday, they'd have a chance to be ranked next week. Crazy...

I'm still shocked at the pasting that Penn St gave to Virginia Tech. A win in general isn't surprising. However, if you watched that game, Penn State took them to the woodshed... in Blacksburg. The ironic thing is Penn State came into this year a bit like the Gophers. Lost their best player (Stevens), but still returned a good backcourt. If they didn't give up that big lead to Seton Hall on Sunday, they'd have a chance to be ranked next week. Crazy...

Looks like their strategy is not to stop anyone but outscore them. I saw them on Sunday and they were really weak on the inside, but were gunning threes like crazy in the first half. Hall bruised them inside and their shots stopped falling. Nits will be the poster child of live by the three and die by the three this year.

Was VT ranked to start the year? I know they beat Villanova but I feel like Nova is slightly overrated. BC almost beat them.

Was VT ranked to start the year? I know they beat Villanova but I feel like Nova is slightly overrated. BC almost beat them.

They weren't ranked to start the year. Nova still has wins over Arizona St and Texas.

Rutgers toyed with Syracuse and beat them because they had better players who made plays down the stretch. Amazing.
That is great. Sure would be nice for Rutgers to be the power in the east and pull in those recruits. It would also open up recruiting for other B1G teams in the NY area.

holy shit maryland looks abysmal. for those complaining about our offense, watch the first half of that game from MD. Woof

Top Bottom