Big SEC announcement at 5 Central

Some guy

Reaction score
Speculation is that they may cancel everything except SEC title game

if that happens expect big ten to follow suit quickly.

if that happens Minnesota and Wisconsin should meet at Hudson high school and have it out just to say we did (literally)

if that happens Minnesota and Wisconsin should meet at Hudson high school and have it out just to say we did (literally)

If it was bad news, wouldn't you just dump it right away?
Game cancellations are something you just announce and move on.

If it was bad news, wouldn't you just dump it right away?
Game cancellations are something you just announce and move on.
Not if it’s a conference decision

now am reading more speculation it may be about new TV contract leaving CBS.

Would love it if in next negotiation the big ten could be completely off espn networks.
CBS, Fox, FS1, BTN

Would be awesome. Would never have to turn on ESPN again. So I hope the SEC is leaving CBS.

We'll see. I'm thinking that if they were really going to do that, there's no way they could keep a lid on that type of info until 5.

Not if it’s a conference decision

now am reading more speculation it may be about new TV contract leaving CBS.

Would love it if in next negotiation the big ten could be completely off espn networks.
CBS, Fox, FS1, BTN

Would be awesome. Would never have to turn on ESPN again. So I hope the SEC is leaving CBS.
I hate CBS...from a streaming standpoint its impossible because you have to have the CBS all access or whatever it is. Can never watch the Vikings when they play an AFC team.

Beth Mowins is with CBS now, so maybe the Big Ten will sign a contract with them.

I hate CBS...from a streaming standpoint its impossible because you have to have the CBS all access or whatever it is. Can never watch the Vikings when they play an AFC team.
I stream the network from YouTube tv but I suppose it might be different for their regional broadcasts

I stream the network from YouTube tv but I suppose it might be different for their regional broadcasts
I need to reevaluate things on how I stream but whenever a game is on CBS I just chalk it up to I can't watch it. I'm not going to pay more money just to watch a few extra games a year and get access to all their shitty shows.

I need to reevaluate things on how I stream but whenever a game is on CBS I just chalk it up to I can't watch it. I'm not going to pay more money just to watch a few extra games a year and get access to all their shitty shows.
I would love it if big ten eventually went all fox and affiliates plus BTN

Fox sports app is legit

These sources seem suspect. Why would the SEC cancel?

Saw your follow up just now.

These sources seem suspect. Why would the SEC cancel?

Saw your follow up just now.
My sources are not sources

I’m hearing means I’ve been hearing speculation from media tweets of 3rd level media people

It’s all speculation

They are announcing that they are requiring LSU to cease football operations for 5 years due to serious NCAA rules infractions. Oh wait, nevermind.

They are announcing that they are requiring LSU to cease football operations for 5 years due to serious NCAA rules infractions. Oh wait, nevermind.
LSU is self administering a 1 year ban on playing defense retroactive to the hiring of Bo Pelini

SEC taking the lead on cancelling games for the rest of the season, now that would be funny.

They're announcing a big move/new deal for the SEC to ESPN.

We should not be surprised.

They're announcing a big move/new deal for the SEC to ESPN.

We should not be surprised.
ESPN owns the conference networks for SEC and ACC. They're all in on those two confs.

We need to eject from Disney, pronto. Go all in with Fox and see if CBS and maybe NBC want a taste.

ESPN owns the conference networks for SEC and ACC. They're all in on those two confs.

We need to eject from Disney, pronto. Go all in with Fox and see if CBS and maybe NBC want a taste.

Yes, but I guess they will be leaving CBS fully with this new deal. Likely not until 2023. But maybe CBS will want the Big Ten.

The announcement is SEC and ESPN is agreeing to a 10 years rights deal. CBS deal with the SEC will run until 2023 season.

The announcement is SEC and ESPN is agreeing to a 10 years rights deal. CBS deal with the SEC will run until 2023 season.

I’m pretty sure this story was speculated last summer but I can’t remember

Yup. CBS absolutely sucks.

Pshhhhhhhhh last time I ever consider news from "Some Guy" on a free message board......

Top Bottom