BIG games tomorrow

Feel bad for IU. Healthy Penix and that's a very intriguing matchup.
Might still be interesting as IU is fairly good on defense and we saw Wisc struggle a bit against NW. I still think Wisc wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20 - 17 or something like that.

Would like to see Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan state win today.

Think I’ll be 0-5?

Would like to see Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan state win today.

Think I’ll be 0-5?
You don't want Ohio State in the CFP. Lame :cautious:

That hurts the entire conference.

Otherwise, your picks are spot on, except I have no ill will towards James Franklin because of something that happened there in the past that he had nothing to do with. He runs an exceptional program based on high-character/culture, similar to Fleck in that regard, and PSU has suffered enough this year. Rooting for them to win out (unless we face them in the cross over).

Come on Purdue. Score a TD before the end of the half. Embarrassing performance against lowly Nebraska.

Wow. Purdon’t. Stuffed three times in a row with 1 to go for a first. Pathetic on offense.

Purdue’s season has absolutely gone to crap after their two close losses to NW and then us. Getting worse every week.

Purdue looks awful. They are making Nebraska look legit which is hard to do. I do wish they could somehow both lose this game, but I guess I like seeing Brohm lose again. Frosty loses enough in the rest of the games...

I mean, I guess it's good that Purdue and Neb will both go to 2-4, as opposed to Purdue going to 3-3. Don't want either of these programs to rise up.

WOW! David Bell 89 yard touchdown. What a catch and run!

Lol ! IL. using all of their 3 timeouts before letting IO. kick a FG in the 1st half.

hell of an opening drive to the 2nd half for indiana

Tuttle really screwed that one up. Had more than enough for the first....and instead of going down he stayed up and lost the ball.

On the ML +400 on IU. I reiterate my post from last weekend that Minnesota might have missed a chance to “upset” Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has done nothing to prove they are actually good this year, just like they were irrationally assigned a top 5 ranking in MBB based on not much.

Things we've learned about the B1G so far today:
  1. OSU is in a class of their own.
  2. Mertz may be talented, but he's absolutely looked like a Frosh every game but the first. Pretty inaccurate and hesitant. Bet the under on Wisconsin games the rest of the year.
  3. Petras is brutal. Illinois showing how to beat Iowa: load the box, make Petras throw (particularly intermediate and long routes), and when you have the ball THROW to set up the run -- not vice versa. Oh, and occasionally run your QB to keep the LB's honest.
  4. Schiano has done an incredible job, but the's not the conference coach of the year. PSU starting to settle in a bit on both sides of the ball.
  5. Nebraska and PU are pretty even. Sadly, MN is right in that mix this year with the porous D and O that operates in fits and spurts. I'm not sure MN can win next week if they're at anything less than full strength (which is unlikely).

On the ML +400 on IU. I reiterate my post from last weekend that Minnesota might have missed a chance to “upset” Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has done nothing to prove they are actually good this year, just like they were irrationally assigned a top 5 ranking in MBB based on not much.

Unfortunately....the Gophers have been pretty bad this year. Both Northwestern and Indiana have been very good this year. We still would have been big underdogs, imo.

That could end up being the difference. Going up 15 would have been huge with how much WI’s offense has struggled.
Agree. To me it would’ve likely put it out of reach with how Indiana plays defense. We’ll see if they can salt this away on offense and play keep away

Haven't heard him do a game but McElroy is a very good announcer.

IU has themselves a decent well coached squad.

Very happy to be wrong about IU's chances today.
Never underestimate a team that can play defense.

Sure like Iowa’s Wildcat. Option, reverse, etc unlike our 3 yd and a cloud of ground up rubber!

Petras was money in the second half. Against Illin D of course.

IU made some great plays on D the last series. They have come a long way.

Things we've learned about the B1G so far today:
  1. OSU is in a class of their own.
  2. Mertz may be talented, but he's absolutely looked like a Frosh every game but the first. Pretty inaccurate and hesitant. Bet the under on Wisconsin games the rest of the year.
  3. Petras is brutal. Illinois showing how to beat Iowa: load the box, make Petras throw (particularly intermediate and long routes), and when you have the ball THROW to set up the run -- not vice versa. Oh, and occasionally run your QB to keep the LB's honest.
  4. Schiano has done an incredible job, but the's not the conference coach of the year. PSU starting to settle in a bit on both sides of the ball.
  5. Nebraska and PU are pretty even. Sadly, MN is right in that mix this year with the porous D and O that operates in fits and spurts. I'm not sure MN can win next week if they're at anything less than full strength (which is unlikely).
And, that IU is solidly the #2 team in the conference this year. o_O

Four teams in Big Ten with winning records. All other teams with 2 wins. Only Wisconsin and Maryland can get above 500 and MN can get to 500. Crazy season.

Remember when Mertz trashed on lowly Illinois and people were gushing about him?
That's the one and only team he trashed on.... (oh, Morgan trashed them too)

Top Bottom