BIG Game 2: Gophers Visit Iowa (12-30-23)

Sadly, the poor shooting team has showed up early on. Like Coach P trying 2 sub foot speed on D. Our lack of rebounding has been brutal….

Have to hit open shots and rebound. That isn't Iowa outplaying us, that is just poor fundamentals.
Need to improve both through the final 3 quarters.

All of the Gophers shots are coming up short. But no question lack of rebounding and slow on defense killing them

Martin is not a track star n she beats 3 Gophers down the court….

I figured it out. Gophers were intimidated and stayed in the locker room. No I mean they did that on the court to start.

Why is it that everytime we play teams like Iowa, we completely forget how to play basketball. Can't shoot, can't rebound and can't defend. Like fucking clockwork.

Losing to Iowa is nothing to be ashamed of, but I have to say, giving up this many layups is....what's up with the defense

GG needs to be on the bench in the 2nd 1/2. Coach P needs to play any1 who does not give up easy lay ups.

Change in fortune. Michigan beat Ohio State.

We definitely don't want to have to use our bench for extensive minutes - so I understand being careful not to foul. But that's what gave them so many easy inside baskets. Going to have to abandon that in the 2nd half. And Hart will have to play sparingly. She looks exhausted already and that fatigue is probably why she's missing layups.

Among the multitude of changes and challenges for Coach P she needs to improve our conditioning. IO is the better team but they are also in better game shape.

Everyone in the B1G is gonna be so happy they don't have to face CC next year.

Tough learning experience for GG out there. Hope she can at least get a few shots to go down.

Grocholski is a freshman and the future at wing, a Big Ten Freshman of the Week. What are the options? Play behind what star?

Interesting story that Clark originally nearly signed with Notre Dame.

The options for this game are Saunders or switch Battle. GG does not have the foot speed to defend the best player in the nation. Obviously, nobody stops CC but we r not even slowing her down. Expected better adjustments on D.

Top Bottom