Big 10 scheduling tidbits

Rocco Miller is now reporting Gophers are not slated to play Ball State as part of their MTE, but instead will play Arkansas-Pine Bluff. So for now it appears what was previoulsy the "second best" opponent on the Gophers' non-conference slate (Ball State), is now gone.

Rocco Miller is now reporting Gophers are not slated to play Ball State as part of their MTE, but instead will play Arkansas-Pine Bluff. So for now it appears what was previoulsy the "second best" opponent on the Gophers' non-conference slate (Ball State), is now gone.

Curious what the schedule thought process is with the avoidance of competition. We canceled Las Vegas and now Ball State....players can't be that dumb but to question what the heck is going on. If you play better teams your fans know you may lose and the players know they have to play well to win. Play better teams: The players are out of their comfort zone and forced to get better....forced to compete. You play teams worse than you and it simulates nothing going forward. If you lose to any of the cupcakes the fans boo and the players panic. I argue these games will attract the wrong kind of pressure...what if we lose? We know our opponent is terrible. Sure you can pass it off as a freak occurrence but that's a lie...you have no idea how good you are or can be until the conference begins and by then you have lost your team.....they know you don't think they are any good or they wouldn't be playing all teams nobody has heard of.
Don't get it.
It seems the goal is to win 10 games any way possible. Like that's the number that saves his job.
Like lots of things we are doing...nobody else in the Big Ten does it this way.
That first conference game: Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. (First good competition) Can't imagine we will respond well.

That news of Ben adding 1-2 Power 6 games is coming any day now, right?
Come on man :) We did add another player to the roster even if it wasn't AJ.
We "could" add an opponent from something other than a one bid conference...really we could!
Should be announced this week..............................maybe

Hold your breath for that. If you need help tape your mouth and nose shut while you wait.

Come on man :) We did add another player to the roster even if it wasn't AJ.
We "could" add an opponent from something other than a one bid conference...really we could!
Should be announced this week..............................maybe
And we beat out Loyola Marymount for him too. Perhaps we can add them as a revenge game... They're on our level...

And we beat out Loyola Marymount for him too. Perhaps we can add them as a revenge game... They're on our level...
You think there really was an offer? That would mean he chose us over them. Hmmm, I can live in California or in Minnesota? Hmmm...I'm 20, I can have my life paid for in LA or Minneapolis? Which one? Or, was it, oh well, at least I have the Minnesota offer?

You think there really was an offer? That would mean he chose us over them. Hmmm, I can live in California or in Minnesota? Hmmm...I'm 20, I can have my life paid for in LA or Minneapolis? Which one? Or, was it, oh well, at least I have the Minnesota offer?
I guess a B1G offer still carries some weight. Even when it comes from a coach with an expiration date.

Another Williams Arena dandy for the Gophers.

The Gophers will host UTSA (#284 in last season's final NET rankings) on Nov. 10. The Roadrunners have resided in Conference USA, but make the switch to the American Athletic Conference (AAC) this season.

Are we still too good to schedule St Thomas or will they hurt our strength of schedule too much? :cool:

Top Bottom