Big 10 Refs

The bold doesn't matter. The shot clock above the Rutgers hoop (directly connected to the main clock) showed the clock started correctly. Unless for some reason the ref's weren't shown that view. We saw it on TV many times. No need to see the main scoreboard clock if you can see the clocks above the hoops. They are connected. The 2 clocks that mattered are in sync. One above Rutgers hoop-started when Cooper picked up the ball-and the one above our hoop-turned red at 00:00 when the ball was in the air. I saw both of those views mutiple times during the 12 minute ref review.
I don't know what was shown to the refs, just explaining what I recalled what the announcers were saying.

As far as the clock above the Rutgers basket, I don't think they had a good angle showing precisely when the ball was touched/clock starting. I only remember the camera that must have been attached to the Gophers backboard which was really far away and distorted from the plexiglass backboard.

Totally possible that I am remembering it incorrectly. I was not taking notes.

Adding to the surreal aspect of it, FS1 was also simultaneously showing the Purdue/Wisconsin game split-screen and that may have distracted me.

And then after staring at screens for all of that time, they get together and are discussing some more before they let people know. That's when I started to go, "We can't lose now can we?"

This may have cost the Big 10 a tournament team.

This was a quad 3 loss for Rutgers and that is brutal for them.

Maybe we knock Rutgers and Bucky out of the tourney in back to back games.
Misery loves company.

Big Ten refs couldn't lead a lady of the evening to bed.

Okay, after years of discussion could we all agree that there is no such thing as a Big Ten ref?

These guys call games night after night in different leagues. Do we really thing they pull up a PowerPoint from the Big Ten office in the locker room to remind them that that the one game they call in the BT, relative to five more needs to be officiated in separate way?

Okay on second thought, coaches like Fran get them so scared, just before Big Ten games that they shit their drawerrs and change their whole approach...

no no no

Okay, after years of discussion could we all agree that there is no such thing as a Big Ten ref?

These guys call games night after night in different leagues. Do we really thing they pull up a PowerPoint from the Big Ten office in the locker room to remind them that that the one game they call in the BT, relative to five more needs to be officiated in separate way?

Okay on second thought, coaches like Fran get them so scared, just before Big Ten games that they shit their drawerrs and change their whole approach...

no no no
Ok I’ll agree, but the B1G refs are the worst! 😡

Legit had a dream last night that the winning bucket was overturned. Woke up so confused.

Any additional official or unofficial word about the review?

Honest to god, how can one not conclude this?! The conference is desperate to get Rutgers and Wisconsin into the NCAAs. That review would never have been conducted under any other circumstances. Indeed, did I see that that length of review is unprecentended in the history of sports?
Only problem with your theory is that they ruled in our favor. If the league was dictating it and was determined to get Rutgers the W then they would have done something to flip the outcome.

The review was ridiculous in terms of how long it took but in the end we didn't get screwed so that makes the whole Big Ten is fixing things theory go out the window.

No doubt, but There would be a footnote somewhere if it was anything substantiated.
I am actually a little surprised that there hasn't been more clarification given the length of the review. But in the end it doesn't matter since it didn't change the outcome of the game.

Only problem with your theory is that they ruled in our favor. If the league was dictating it and was determined to get Rutgers the W then they would have done something to flip the outcome.

The review was ridiculous in terms of how long it took but in the end we didn't get screwed so that makes the whole Big Ten is fixing things theory go out the window.
I'll play devil's advocate. The refs have some disrection when reviewing calls. Maybe they were looking for anything/something to overturn. Maybe they looked and looked and looked and just couldn't reach far enough into the rulebook to make up something to overturn the ending. I know, conspiracy theory. Like I said, just playing devil's advocate.

Top Bottom