Bielema hires away Purdue dline coach...Brohm down 3 def coaches now

How bad do you have to be that someone wants to leave you and go to Illinios and work for Bielema?

Hotest seat in the Big Ten is likely at Purdue headed into next year.
I don't know who else would be in that conversation? Too early for Maryland and MSU guys. Harbaugh just signed an extension. Everyone else should be safe.

Brohm and Frost are 1A & 1B when it comes to the hottest seat in the Big Ten.

I don't know who else would be in that conversation? Too early for Maryland and MSU guys. Harbaugh just signed an extension. Everyone else should be safe.
Maryland only other guy in the conversation and I think it would take 3-9 or worse

I think frost gets 2022 as a final attempt even if they are terrible next year. If they fire frost, they literally have nobody left in their alumni system that would be a “good” hire

Maryland only other guy in the conversation and I think it would take 3-9 or worse

I think frost gets 2022 as a final attempt even if they are terrible next year. If they fire frost, they literally have nobody left in their alumni system that would be a “good” hire
If Frost fails then the fan base should be open to anyone.

Craig Bohl 🤫

Once a seat gets a little warm, it so often gets hot, and then the inevitable firing. Even with a solid plan, a coach with a warm seat faces recruiting headwinds and it is easy for things to snowball. It is like a gazelle surviving a leopard attack. Sure, it survived but that big gash on its leg now makes it harder to eat. That causes more predators to circle and it becomes even harder for the gazelle to get away next time.

Frost and Brohm seem to have gashes on their legs. Coaching departures and some player transfers feel like blood dripping from those wounds.

He'd be about 64 years old by that time. Not sure they'd want to hire someone that old.
Probably not. I was half-joking anyhow. I think Bohl is trapped at Wyoming, until they grow tired enough of him and his inability to get past Boise State if he doesn't have Josh Allen at QB that they move on. Been there eight years now, granted they only got to play six games this season. Would assume he needs a pretty good year in 21 to stay (in 2019 they went 8-5 with a bowl win). His OC is the only guy he took with him from NDSU in 2013 that is still on his Wyoming staff, though it still has plenty of Bison flavor. They just hired away the NDSU offensive line coach, to replace the guy who was just hired away by Bielema at Illinois.

Though UNC hired Mack Brown when he was 67 and he turned 68 the summer before the 2019 season. So there is that.

I agree. They should be open to anyone anyways.

but I make a comparison like this.
let’s say the gophers fire Mason and hire Tony Dungy.

Dungy goes 5-7, 5-7, 4-8, 5-7

Doesn’t Dungy get the longest leash ever?

not saying frost is Dungy. I’m saying, if Dungy can’t win at Minnesota, can anyone? So we would give him an extremely long leash.

Frost was OC for Oregon that was competing for national titles. Had an unbeaten year at UCF. Won a heisman at Nebraska. Slam dunk hire. If he can’t win at Nebraska, can anyone? Thus, he is going to get a long leash. Maybe longer than he deserves.

I have a buddy who is a Nebraska fan and he still believes Frost can win and blames their poor performance on what Mike Riley did in his time there.

I have a buddy who is a Nebraska fan and he still believes Frost can win and blames their poor performance on what Mike Riley did in his time there.
What does your buddy think about Wan'Dale Robinson's transfer?

I agree. They should be open to anyone anyways.

but I make a comparison like this.
let’s say the gophers fire Mason and hire Tony Dungy.

Dungy goes 5-7, 5-7, 4-8, 5-7

Doesn’t Dungy get the longest leash ever?

not saying frost is Dungy. I’m saying, if Dungy can’t win at Minnesota, can anyone? So we would give him an extremely long leash.

Frost was OC for Oregon that was competing for national titles. Had an unbeaten year at UCF. Won a heisman at Nebraska. Slam dunk hire. If he can’t win at Nebraska, can anyone? Thus, he is going to get a long leash. Maybe longer than he deserves.
We will never know because it didn't happen.

Haven't had a chance to ask him yet, but definitely will be.
I took a peek at the free Husker board last night, and was seeing some posters making it seem like good news, in the sense that Robinson is "too small" and "doesn't look like the big, fast receivers that Alabama has".

We all have that buddy.

extension or not, hard to believe Harbaugh can have another season like this...PSU faithful would have faith tested by another like this

Hey are we sure that's even true?

Has anyone SEEN them in the B1G in person recently....?

Don't let THE MEDIA tell you what to think!!!!
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it.....
If Nebraska plays a game but no one cares enough to watch it.....

That was the same story for Mike too, it was all Bo's fault...

Top Bottom