Better to win bowl or go 7-5 and lose bowl?

That’s true IMO

but that isn’t my question.

The original question came from people talking about old seasons and which was better. I tend to value refutation season more than bowls
Agree. Conference wins are at the top of the list for me.

That’s true IMO

but that isn’t my question.

The original question came from people talking about old seasons and which was better. I tend to value refutation season more than bowls
I think btown has it right. It's a close call and therefore almost entirely dependent on the details.

If we had the same season but swapped out Bowling Green loss with a loss in the Bowl Game - - I'd rather have had the bowl win.

If we had the same season but swapped in a win against Illinois but then lost in the bowl game - - I would have rather had the Illinois win.

If we had the same season but swapped in a win against Iowa but then lost in the bowl game - - I'd obviously (for me), rather have had the Iowa win.

For me, I can't answer the question unless I know which games I'm swapping around.

I remember the Bowl victories, more than the regular season records. People still are talking about beating Alabama and Auburn in those two bowl games. But not many of those fans, recall the regular season record in those years. Just my opinion. I can't wait until next season.

Top Bottom