Best Team Since '97?

Harris was better than Nolen. Nolen's great at steals, but Harris by the end was playing consistently great D, as well as getting assists and hitting the odd shot. Nolen is looking like he might be on his way to being a great player. Obviously we have no Bobby J. Hoff isn't really like Jake, except in skin tone. Much better from 3, a much smarter player, and without any of the athletic explosiveness of the "Jewish Jordan" (my favorite ridiculous name for a Minnesota player in history, especially since he wasn't even Jewish). I'd take Ralph and Trevor over Thomas and James (although don't forget how good James was, and JT was a first-rounder). The crazy thing is that the 97 team didn't really have anybody like Devoe, somebody who can come in, hit a bunch of shots in the other team's eye, and generally control the mid-range game. I think it's way too early to say that this team is close to 97. That was a historically good team. However, I like how this team is playing right now.

jmag, i was too young to remember.. so maybe locally Sam Jacobson had that name, but nationally, this was the 'jewish jordan':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamir_Goodman

Top Bottom