best streaming service for college football

Who really likes a 50"+ TV that they would recommend?
TCL brand at Costco. 55" 4K with a built in Roku, is $260, I saw the other day. They have an excellent return policy as well, if something goes wrong in the first two years. Or you can buy an extended warranty for 4 years for like $50?

YouTubeTV.

You won't regret it*

*unless you're legit trying to do more than 3 streams at once. Sure, fine, I get that. But you also have to think about how many boxes you were renting from CableCo/SatCo, etc. YMMV

YouTubeTV and AppleTV on three televisions. I also watch on my laptop and phone when traveling. I have it set to record Gopher sports and many times start watching well after the game has started and fast forward through the commercials thereby catching up to the live broadcast before the end of the game. If you have any 4K TVs get either an AppleTV or Roku Ultra for the best picture.

I'm surprised none of you mentioned Beast TV. $15 dollars a month all HD channels with over 1000 to chose from. You could live in Alaska and watch the Vikings game on KSTP 5's feed. Or any game on the team's local broadcast. it also offers an extensive list of sports. let's you have 4 tv's hooked up.

Get it from streamthetv.com.

I'm surprised none of you mentioned Beast TV. $15 dollars a month all HD channels with over 1000 to chose from. You could live in Alaska and watch the Vikings game on KSTP 5's feed. Or any game on the team's local broadcast. it also offers an extensive list of sports. let's you have 4 tv's hooked up.

Sounds too good to be true.

Is this like one of those "black boxes" you buy in a back alley?

You can do antenna and get 35 different Asian and Latin American channels

I doubt it is legal but I may look into it. Only $12 a month if you pay a year in advance.

I quit Spectrum last week and went to YTTV after trying it for a month or so. I use it in two TVs at home and one TV at our cabin. I feared my internet and land line at home would go up when I quit the TV but the guy at the Spectrum office actually reduced the cost of them by a total of $20/month after I pleaded poverty. Our internet is broadband at home so there is no problem streaming unless Spectrum decides now and then to reduce the speed.
At the cabin we have Direct TV which I will quit. The internet speed there is adequate but for a trivial amount I can increase it but so far it works well there. So no more worrying about the dish and cables in the roof, rental fees and insurance costs.
I have a Roku smart TV at home and a Roku steaming stick at the lake and the other TV at home.
I saved about $2k/year including the YTTV fees by dropping Spectrum and DirectTV.
I get more sports and other channels for less money.
It takes a while to get used to the YTTV format and Roku but if I can do it anyone can.
If you need CC I can tell you how to do it and you also need a Google account and use Chrome or Firefox to deal with the account.

I think the best streaming service is...Comcast?
Once I called them up and cajoled them into a better rate they became the best option given that if I did something like YouTube TV or Playstation TV I would still have to pay them for internet. Then I would end up getting a couple other things like Hulu and voila I'm better off with cable.
I stream my cable from Comcast/Xfinity through Roku TV which saves on box costs. Their app is solid and mostly the same as a physical box.

Yeah, for better or worse, the cableco's still have pretty strong monopolies on ISP service to a lot of homes. Until/unless there is a fiber network in your neighborhood, run by someone, cable modem is pretty much your best bet. DSL is horrible.

Sounds too good to be true.

Is this like one of those "black boxes" you buy in a back alley?
No. Lol and it is legal. All liability is on the service not their customers.

You could always VPN before subscribing though.

Yeah, for better or worse, the cableco's still have pretty strong monopolies on ISP service to a lot of homes. Until/unless there is a fiber network in your neighborhood, run by someone, cable modem is pretty much your best bet. DSL is horrible.
I am thankful I live in a neighborhood with USI Fiber. Absolutely the best ISP I've ever had, great price, great product, and great customer service.

I am thankful I live in a neighborhood with USI Fiber. Absolutely the best ISP I've ever had, great price, great product, and great customer service.
Man everytime I see them running lines out by the county road I'm all Man come down the street a bit!!!!

Top Bottom