best poster 2009

loki

Reaction score
I saw this on Gopher Illustrated and thought it was a good idea. Who has been the best poster for Gopherhole in 2009 and why?

I nominate Schnoodler, the Ice Cream Abuser. For being a voice of reason among the handwringing masses of fools that often post here. AND for subverting ill-conceived threads with discussion of breakfast cereal or other foodstuff.

Schnoods, the toast of the post, also gets my vote.

MN Snowman would have been in the running, but he left to morph into Rick Mons. :)

Selection Sunday is worth mentioning.

GopherLady for her "WI" game scoreboard final score for the SWEEP!

PantherHawk for being banned. :rockon: :drink: :drink: :party:

Ty very much I'm humbled.

My nomination goes to Doc for reminding us that no matter what we're talking about a game and it's suppose to be fun.

Second to GL because she is that great. Really, she does alot for this site. Brings it up that one notch that makes the difference.

Screw it, Doc you're second and GL is first.

Of course, GL has to be the winner. No question.

Schnoods, I am indeed humbled to be included with GopherLady in any contest. Thanks, and a shot of JD to toast you. Thanks.

I nominate Dr Don, due to his insight to keeping safe while shopping this holiday season!!

Thanks Dr. Don!!! You are like a father figure to me!!:D

Haugy...and extremely busy also, running from Walmart to Walmart and having wallets stolen.

Thanks for thinking of me. :cool03:

I nominate Gopherprof for his insights into recruiting. I also like GopherLady of course, Grunkie, SelectionSunday, and Schnoodler.

I will go with Studwell 55 for his quick and UNUSUAL wit

Solid nominees. There are a lot of good posters who haven't been mentioned but, if you want a dark horse candidate take a look at Jike Spingleton's posts. They're pretty insightful when he puts his mind to it.

Grunkie and dpodoll68. And it's not even close.

Best Poster...

howeda7...a nice reasoned opinion, far less vitriolic than many, including me. And most important not a blind homer like many nominated thus far.

Now, I want everyone to know that I am honing my skills as I am a rookie poster, and I'll need your unwavering support but I hope to rise to the level of nominee next season. You just wait, all I need is a little more time to really figure this all out.

Go GOPHERS!

hands down Gopher Lady

She brings more insight with her recruiting and player access than most everyone that we don't get many other places and she is always positive and upbeat when looking at the big gopher picture. She also has to be the biggest Gopher fan from Wisconsin which is a great plus.

Plus she is super nice with good friends

A few votes ... (Doogie dots for extra em-PHAS-is)

Schnoodler - Reasonable and consistent mind amid a wasteland of vapid posters. And being lactose intolerant, I'm jealous of his ice cream abuse.

Grunkie - Even though he's reportedly 14, and only posts intermittently between trig class and phy ed, he writes extremely well.

GopherLady - The penultimate insider and sports chick, we can excuse her WI roots for all the intangibles she brings

MBAGuy - Fellow Section 105er, also brings reason and smarts to what can be a cluster-f of derision and mutiny.

Dr. Don, DpoDoll, yada yada yada ... so many more to put a vote in for, so little time.

A few votes ... (Doogie dots for extra em-PHAS-is)

Schnoodler - Reasonable and consistent mind amid a wasteland of vapid posters. And being lactose intolerant, I'm jealous of his ice cream abuse.

Grunkie - Even though he's reportedly 14, and only posts intermittently between trig class and phy ed, he writes extremely well.

GopherLady - The penultimate insider and sports chick, we can excuse her WI roots for all the intangibles she brings

MBAGuy - Fellow Section 105er, also brings reason and smarts to what can be a cluster-f of derision and mutiny.

Dr. Don, DpoDoll, yada yada yada ... so many more to put a vote in for, so little time.

I hate to rain on the love fest here, but this is one of my ultimate pet peeves. "Penultimate" means next to last, not extra-ultimate.

I hate to rain on the love fest here, but this is one of my ultimate pet peeves. "Penultimate" means next to last, not extra-ultimate.

Thanks for the correction, I'll try to stick to the urban dictionary from now on.

BTW, I'd like to add a vote for the 12th Man as the penultimate best poster for 2009. :banghead:

Thanks for the correction, I'll try to stick to the urban dictionary from now on.

BTW, I'd like to add a vote for the 12th Man as the penultimate best poster for 2009. :banghead:

I, much like the all-stars mentioned above, am humbled by your nomination.

All of the above are great, but no one has mentioned Gopherpops....His reply on recruiting and how well Brew and his staff treated his son was the best reply I've read all year long.

I nominate Selection Sunday for going 34/34 in predicting the at large bids in the NCAA tourney last March.

if you want a dark horse candidate take a look at Jike Spingleton's posts. They're pretty insightful when he puts his mind to it.

Thanks....I think?

I rely on GH for most of my Gopher news since (reluctantly) moving out of state, so to those who help keep me in the loop, I say thanks. And to Studwell, I say keep plugging along - you'll kiss a girl someday!

STPGopher without a doubt.

Got me a ticket to a Gopher Game so I am a little biased here.

My nominees would be Gopher Lady, Selection Sunday and Johny Gopher.

My nominee for WORST POSTER would be Dr Don. All he did was send me on a wild goose chase.

All of the above are great, but no one has mentioned Gopherpops....His reply on recruiting and how well Brew and his staff treated his son was the best reply I've read all year long.

I'm on board with this. Easily the most informative post I've read on this board. I haven't posted much, but I've been lurking all season.

Debating about creating another name and pump myself up like some writer we know about.

... just throwing in some dots for bonus ...

My vote is for Gopherpops as well.

A lot of good posters that generate good and reasoned debate. Gopher Lady (Hey, I'm a gentleman. Ladies first.), Schnoodler, grunkiejr, Ole, Iceland12, dpdoll, gopherpops, and Johnny Gopher are the folks I read with the most interest. I can't remember Jeff wills' dad's moniker, but he added some interesting points to the conversation as well.

Wish we could exile all Badger fans, but it's a free country and it's impossible to put up a virtual fence along our virtual eastern border.

I recently registered but have been a lurker for awhile... I'd go with the usual suspects as well, schnoodler, ole, drdon, GL, etc; but I'm leaning towards Rick Mons for the 'oops wrong forum' thread.

Top Bottom