Best players to turn down the 2024 NFL Draft by position 👀

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score

What should be the expectations for Ersery next season? Are we looking at a potential day 1/2 draft pick?

He flew under the radar for me last season. Maybe that's a good thing as you usually remember OL for penalties and missed blocks.

IDK! It seems like I've seen more than a reasonable share of players rated very highly by PFF end up day 3 picks. I'd be happy to see him go second or early third round.

IDK! It seems like I've seen more than a reasonable share of players rated very highly by PFF end up day 3 picks. I'd be happy to see him go second or early third round.
PFF has always pretty much liked the Gophers when it comes to their ratings. That said, I think Ersery is the real deal. He impressed me from the get-go with his athleticism and footwork. Still a year to go before the 2025 draft, but if he stays healthy I think he's at least a Day 2 guy.

PFF has always pretty much liked the Gophers when it comes to their ratings. That said, I think Ersery is the real deal. He impressed me from the get-go with his athleticism and footwork. Still a year to go before the 2025 draft, but if he stays healthy I think he's at least a Day 2 guy.
Agree with this. These kids aren’t stupid, so if somebody was in his ear saying he’d be a day 1 pick this year, he’d be gone. He does seem like an NFL player given the consistent praise from both the staff and PFF, so I’d be surprised if he doesn’t make it next year.

Henderson must have a huge NIL deal to stay at OSU - RB's only have so much tread on the tires.
I was looking at their returning players that could have bolted for the NFL plus who they're bringing in through the Portal and Good Lord, this might be the most loaded OSU team in many years. And of course, their recruiting is always top 5 nationally.

The pressure is really on Ryan Day this year - he better beat Michigan, win the B1G and have a very strong showing in the Playoffs or he could be out the door - kicking cans in downtown Columbus

I don't believe PFF's rating system is subjective. If they "like" the Gophers it's because of their mathematical system.

I was looking at their returning players that could have bolted for the NFL plus who they're bringing in through the Portal and Good Lord, this might be the most loaded OSU team in many years. And of course, their recruiting is always top 5 nationally.

The pressure is really on Ryan Day this year - he better beat Michigan, win the B1G and have a very strong showing in the Playoffs or he could be out the door - kicking cans in downtown Columbus
Day made over $10 million last year and will make even more this year....if he gets fired might be kicking his feet up on a yacht...not kicking cans in Columbus. Guy is set for life and then some.

What should be the expectations for Ersery next season? Are we looking at a potential day 1/2 draft pick?
He was the HIGHEST rated OL in the B10 by PFF!

IIRC, he is the highest rated returning tackle next year.

Barring injury, he’ll likely be out next AA and a first round pick.

Retaining him is far more impressive and significant to me than Taylor, as elite tackles are harder to find than elite RBs - excellent job by our NIL.

FWIW & FYI - all of the above has been posted by me previously😊.
He flew under the radar for me last season. Maybe that's a good thing as you usually remember OL for penalties and missed blocks.

Top Bottom