Best places to buy Gold T-Shirts

For the Nebraska Gold out game....
Anything Fanatics (the new official team store) is garbage. Try Scheels, U of M bookstore, or gold country/Goldy's locker room. All have websites too.

If you're just looking for something cheap, the bookstore mid-summer is a good spot because they have all the gear for the incoming students.

I tend to just search for regular shirts… if they match I’m happy, doesn’t have to have a logo IMO.

Anything Fanatics (the new official team store) is garbage. Try Scheels, U of M bookstore, or gold country/Goldy's locker room. All have websites too.

If you're just looking for something cheap, the bookstore mid-summer is a good spot because they have all the gear for the incoming students.
Agree. Fanatics is horrible

Not really getting the hate for Fanatics. It's literally the same items and manufacturer in many cases.

Not really getting the hate for Fanatics. It's literally the same items and manufacturer in many cases.
If it's Nike, sure. But the Fanatics brand stuff is terrible quality. Better options also at the other places I mentioned (I've found better looking stuff at Scheels and the bookstore for example). There were even more Nike options before Fanatics took over.

If it's Nike, sure. But the Fanatics brand stuff is terrible quality. Better options also at the other places I mentioned (I've found better looking stuff at Scheels and the bookstore for example). There were even more Nike options before Fanatics took over.
Boy, I'm not experiencing that...Gold Country has had less apparel selection from Nike when I've been in there, and selection in general. Book store is a good place, selection is OK with plenty sizes of what it carries, just don't then complain about the prices.

Boy, I'm not experiencing that...Gold Country has had less apparel selection from Nike when I've been in there, and selection in general. Book store is a good place, selection is OK with plenty sizes of what it carries, just don't then complain about the prices.
Gold country had a great selection when they were the official team store. When fanatics took over they must have lost rights to a lot of that stuff.

Gold country had a great selection when they were the official team store. When fanatics took over they must have lost rights to a lot of that stuff.
Gold Country/Goldy's Locker Room isn't Fanatics.

Scheels is great.

Gold Country/Goldy's Locker Room isn't Fanatics.
Exactly. Gold country used to be the official team store. Fanatics took over as the team store and it seems like gold country lost rights to some of the Nike gear as their selection used to be a lot better. I preferred the selection when Gold Country was the official team store.

Probably have found most of my Gopher gear at Scheels lately. Couple things from the bookstore.

The complaints about fanatics aren't unique to Gopher football. You can find similar complaints from other college fan bases, MLB, and nhl fans.

Last edited:

Target can be decent but is not consistent. Some years great...even for gold...and others not.

Fleet Farm can be good too but need to hit it in June-July or Christmas...can be slim other times.

Fanatics is trash. That is all I have to say.

In the fall, Costco and Sams usually has a few items. Mostly champion and well priced. Never seen gold though.

Target can be decent but is not consistent. Some years great...even for gold...and others not.

Fleet Farm can be good too but need to hit it in June-July or Christmas...can be slim other times.
+1 for Fleet Farm. I’ve found some good Gopher Gear there and often take a look whenever I visit.

I have a maroon/gold reversible sequin jacket I like to wear for big games, but I need to know where Kim Mulkey got this from

1200x0.jpeg

Exactly. Gold country used to be the official team store. Fanatics took over as the team store and it seems like gold country lost rights to some of the Nike gear as their selection used to be a lot better. I preferred the selection when Gold Country was the official team store.

Probably have found most of my Gopher gear at Scheels lately. Couple things from the bookstore.

The complaints about fanatics aren't unique to Gopher football. You can find similar complaints from other college fan bases, MLB, and nhl fans.
The fan response to the NHL deal was hilarious.

Good example of all the wrong incentives. Fanatics customers are really the folks they get the licenses from, the fans don’t like them… but it doesn’t matter if they keep the license holders happy. And the leagues, teams, etc are too disconnected / interested in just the $ from the deal to care.

Top Bottom