Best of Big 10 Awards/Big 10 Tour Complete!

Tailgate2009

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

Back in July, I decided to see what Big 10 football was all about... I put together a plan to visit every Big 10 school over 11 weekends as an unbiased spectator. I went from a naive/casual college football fan to becoming more addicted to this sport than ever before!

This was my most challenging life venture to date as doing it over 11 straight weekends while holding down a 60-hour-per-week job and trying to manage 3-4 other guys who joined me on this tour (none of which made it the whole way through). It may sound nuts, but completing 11 weekends of college football was more trying than 30 NBA arenas or 30 MLB stadiums.

So all that being said, I've awarded my "Best of the Big 10 Awards." Clearly, I have no credibility on any of these subjects and I was likely influenced by the quality of the game, the weather, and the people around me. For what it's worth, here is what I thought was the best (http://www.thebig10tour.com/bests.html) in a variety of categories.

I am grateful to all of the Gopher fans that I met in Minneapolis, namely from the Goal Line Club. I've definitely made some lasting friendships with many Minnesota fans that you'll see throughout the blog (www.THEbig10tour.com) and I'll never forget how the Gophers had Cal reeling in the 4th quarter of that week 3 game. Despite the loss, I was able to see them get the "W" the following week at Northwestern where I met up with many of the fans I had met in Minneapolis (http://www.thebig10tour.com/minnesota.html).

Drew
11 stadiums/11 weekends
www.THEbig10tour.com

I only have a second to reply so it will be brief. Awesome stuff guys. I'm very jealous that you got to do that. Very interesting read and tons to look at. Glad you enjoyed Mpls. It was a great game despite the outcome.

Thanks tikited!

Yes, Minnesota may have lost that game, but I see them with tons of upside for years to come. With the exposure of the USC game next year, the beautiful new stadium, another bowl appearance, etc - clearly, Minnesota will be at the top of every recruit's list!

Good luck in the Insight Bowl!

Very nice. I'm upset that we didn't win every award though.

Side note, I tell everyone I got my middle name from matts. I believe it to be true.

You can check the Wisconsin message boards and they don't like us much either. Also you can go to Camp Randall and have stuff thrown on me/ The arrogance and smug attitude they show us might be a few reasons we don't like them.

Iowa fans in Iowa are fine the Iowa fans that attend games in Minnesota act like they are on Spring Break in Cancun.....drunk, loud and promiscuis.

Overall pretty cool tour and sight.

yes, one of the more interesting aspects was seeing the rivalries that exist throughout the Big 10. The triangle of Minnesota/Iowa/Wisconsin seemed to be pretty brutal in every direction. Hopefully with the new stadium, the Badger/Hawkeye fans won't get too many seats and they'll be silenced by the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A chants, or the Iowa sucks chant, or the counting of points after every TD.

Nevertheless, once this program gets going - the cancun-like vacations will end in a hurry

Top Bottom