Best bet for an upset?

Are you just pissed off because nobody agreed with your analysis of our recruits or are you Pantherhawk. Whatever it is nobody is going to care what you say after reading this childish rant.

Sick of everyone calling everyone they dont agree with pantherhawk. Having dealt with ptwat on the rivals board for the past couple years I can spot him easily and this isnt him.

I say Michigan. Hoke will devote everything to beating his former team SDSU the week before us. That'll be a big relief to him and we just may sneak one the next week.

I will take U$C first. The o-line is a dumpster fire. The d-line can't stop Tosh.0 in tighties. Catch them early before they figure it out.
@ Michigan, @ Purdue, Iowa and the Badgers. Kill will surprise people.His NIU team is ranked 27th. Can he now recruit a better class here? I think so. "CAN"T WAIT"

By the Nebraska game the new players should be pretty comfortable with the offense. Iowa and Wisconsin are not likely to look past a rival. Nebraska catches us in the middle of a very tough 4 game stretch, they may look past us.

Nebraska may be the upset.

Beating purdue, Illinois, northwestern, Miami, new Mexico state, north Dakota state wouldn't be upsets.
Losing to Ndsu nmsu and Miami would be upsets the other way.

The 'huskers definitely look at us as "relief":

Sat, Oct 1 at (7) Wisconsin 8:00 pm --
Sat, Oct 8 (5) Ohio State 8:00 pm --
Sat, Oct 22 at Minnesota 3:30 pm --
Sat, Oct 29 (14) Michigan State TBA --

We are their first B1G road game as a favorite, and they are our B1G home opener. Stranger things have happened...

Are you just pissed off because nobody agreed with your analysis of our recruits or are you Pantherhawk. Whatever it is nobody is going to care what you say after reading this childish rant.

As Rosemountain said, there may be some upsets the other way. I think that is more likely to happen when we are favored. Call this a traditional view of the Goophie Gophers. Just using the eyeball test, I don't see enough improvement in the Gophers to justify spewing team names which would qualify as an upset.

FYI - The Mustang mountains are found in southern Arizona. They were always such a beautiful view from my home in the morning sun across valley. There is a pipestone cliff on part of the mountain that is a simply impossible to climb solo. The rock is soft and crumbly and not very far from where Cochise fought off the cavalry in the Dragon mountains. For quite a long time I lived near a draw off the Huachuca mountain, a kind of garden coulee. I choose the moniker of Mustang Mountain Man as a reference to the scerenity and peacefulness of southern Arizona.

Since the Gophers will be the underdog more often this season than they will be the favorite, it is more likely that if there are upsets this season, it will be the Gophers that will win. If you're going to treat the football pundits as gospel when they predict a Gophers loss, why do they suddenly become so much more fallible when they predict a Gopher win? Predicting that even one win is optimistic is a pretty bold prediction.

GoldenHerbs

Sick of everyone calling everyone they dont agree with pantherhawk. Having dealt with ptwat on the rivals board for the past couple years I can spot him easily and this isnt him.

Yes I know he isn't Pantherhawk. I was trying to make a point that 3M was being childish and that his behavior was crazy as Pantherhawk's. It appeared to me that he was mad at everybody and decided to throw a temper tantrum.

In order:
1) Michigan
2) Iowa
3) Nebraska (Both teams coming of a bye)
4) USC
5) Wisconsin (Gophs will be within 7 or less like they have been the past 25+ years in Minneapolis, but are still a year away from beating them)

Both Michigan & Iowa are distinct possibilities for wins...I also wouldn't be Miracle on Ice shocked if the Gophs go into East Lansing and leave with a W.

Top Bottom