Benjamin St Juste Going Pro

Coney and Philip Howard could leave as well. Are we ready for Miles Fleming or Victor Pless as full-time starters next year? Or a true freshman? I’ll bet we are active in the transfer market here.

If Durr came back, it would be his sixth season on the team. Wonder if he has NFL prospects as well?

Same for Howard, would be his sixth season, but he obviously hasn't played a lot.

I would think both would be the starters at CB if they came back? Or maybe Fleck has already promised the spots to Ortiz and Dickerson?

Defense is a team game -- while 3 or 4 stars can transform a defense, if you don't have pressure from your DL your CB's don't look as great. Our lack of DL and LB play made our strength not look as strong. St. Juste and Durr are solid.

Coney and Philip Howard could leave as well. Are we ready for Miles Fleming or Victor Pless as full-time starters next year? Or a true freshman? I’ll bet we are active in the transfer market here.

I believe they expect Ortiz to compete for playing time right away. Walley probably needs a bit more refining since he hasn't been focused on CB as long. Dickerson is obviously the million dollar question, but would need to add some weight quick.

As far as other guys on the roster now, maybe Solomon Brown or Jalen Glaze too?

I believe they expect Ortiz to compete for playing time right away. Walley probably needs a bit more refining since he hasn't been focused on CB as long. Dickerson is obviously the million dollar question, but would need to add some weight quick.

I know Terrell Smith has had his ups and downs but maybe he’a a guy that steps forward? Or did he put his name in the portal and I missed it?

Did Terrell Smith out grow the position? He showed a lot of promise three seasons ago. Dude is like the size of a OLB now.

Uh-oh, are we back to a "young" and "inexperienced" team next year? ;)

Ortiz is targeted to play slot corner and eventually replace Justus Harris. I believe Sol Brown is as well. I think they have been trying out Glaze at a few different spots to see where he fits best.

Yup. I think they'll be active in going after a transfer or two in the secondary also.

This puts a lot of pressure on Howden and Nubin, and whoever else plays on the back end, to get their shit together and help out what will undoubtedly be a young CB group.

Uh-oh, are we back to a "young" and "inexperienced" team next year? ;)
Peanut - you’re back! I’m sure 2019 was painful for you as you watched a PJ led Gopher team go 11-2. How are your heroes Jerry and Tracy? It seems like they’ve fallen on hard times since their careers peaked at the U.

Not sure what position he was lined up at but I noticed Michael Dixon (#11) in there on a few plays so he may be in the mix for a bigger role next year.

Not surprised St. Juste is going pro as he has already had a pretty long college career. Hopefully it works out for him, will be interesting to see what kind of draft buzz he gets. Definitely has NFL size.

Hoping Durr decides to stick around for another year but won't be shocked if he decides to head to test the NFL waters as well.

Not sure what position he was lined up at but I noticed Michael Dixon (#11) in there on a few plays so he may be in the mix for a bigger role next year.

Not surprised St. Juste is going pro as he has already had a pretty long college career. Hopefully it works out for him, will be interesting to see what kind of draft buzz he gets. Definitely has NFL size.

Hoping Durr decides to stick around for another year but won't be shocked if he decides to head to test the NFL waters as well.
Dixon is a safety.

This is college FB. not counting covid years, every year the SR's graduate. If you have really good underclassmen, they might go pro.

Turnover is a fact of life in college football.

Teams with sustained success are able to recruit good players, and coach them to play effectively in their system.

if the Gophers are pinning their hopes for next year on guys coming back for a 6th season, that is not a sustainable model.

BSJ is solid has the height so so tackler. Must be smart graduated early from Michigan must of accomplished what he wanted academically. Wish him well glad he was a Gopher.

I like Durr much better tackler tough has some grit.

Durr announced he is returning which is a big help and I expectHoward may since his draft prospects aren't as high

Hopefully Ortiz can step in

Durr announced he is returning which is a big help and I expectHoward may since his draft prospects aren't as high

Hopefully Ortiz can step in
I would expect Howard back, he’s waited a long time to finally find a role.

Top Bottom