Ben Johnson salary and NIL

25mkg

Reaction score
So, Ben makes

$1,950,000 a year​

per year. If I were Ben, in the interest of my coaching tenure, I would contribute a large chunk of my salary to the NIL collective that benefits the Men's BB team. I would think big, such as $1.5 million or more, if that is what it takes to get the program back on track. If that can help attract and keep quality players which leads to a winning team, the NIL money from donors will eventually follow, as will a rise in salary.

So, Ben makes

$1,950,000 a year​

per year. If I were Ben, in the interest of my coaching tenure, I would contribute a large chunk of my salary to the NIL collective that benefits the Men's BB team. I would think big, such as $1.5 million or more, if that is what it takes to get the program back on track. If that can help attract and keep quality players which leads to a winning team, the NIL money from donors will eventually follow, as will a rise in salary.
Ok, that’s creative and funny. It’s pretty tough to give up 1.5 million when your after tax take is about 1.0 to 1.2 million on the 2 million salary.😀

Coaches can’t contribute to an NIL.
But couldn't he give a million bucks to a friend, and that friend contributes it? The collective doesn't have to tell the NCAA where the money came from or how the donor acquired it.

It'd be unique for a roster though, where you have one or two guys making the coach's salary while the coach just hopes things turn around for the better.

this is MN. if they try to even bend a rule, they'll get caught. because when it comes to cheating, they're bad at it.

the rules around NIL are pretty muddy, but as I understand it, the coach and the team are not supposed to have anything to do with NIL. after a player signs a LOI, I believe players can get advice on making sure they report everything and file their taxes, etc. and players can have an agent to represent them in NIL dealings. but the NIL offers and money are supposed to come from outside the program.

So, Ben makes

$1,950,000 a year​

No you wouldn’t.

Lol, imagine working your ass of for years (Ben has been coaching for 20 years)

By the grace of God (luck) you are able to get a head coaching position at a P5 school, are paid on the lower end (rightfully so but still) and then after all that asked to give up x% to get kids to go to your school, a thing nobody does anywhere :ROFLMAO:

Lol, imagine working your ass of for years (Ben has been coaching for 20 years)

By the grace of God (luck) you are able to get a head coaching position at a P5 school, are paid on the lower end (rightfully so but still) and then after all that asked to give up x% to get kids to go to your school, a thing nobody does anywhere :ROFLMAO:
Always fun to spend someone else’s 💰

But couldn't he give a million bucks to a friend, and that friend contributes it? The collective doesn't have to tell the NCAA where the money came from or how the donor acquired it.

It'd be unique for a roster though, where you have one or two guys making the coach's salary while the coach just hopes things turn around for the better.
Have him give it to me. I'll give (most of) it to you. You donate it. The NCAA will never connect all the dots.

tomorrow on the fan at noon. ‘Yeah, somethin like that’. How is that an answer? Fully TINA. Simply the best!

If I was making $1,950,000 per year, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about the details. Like if the team wins or not. My ONLY concern would be to stay on the administration's good side for as long as possible...so I could collect the MONEY.

If I was making $1,950,000 per year, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about the details. Like if the team wins or not. My ONLY concern would be to stay on the administration's good side for as long as possible...so I could collect the MONEY.
But you're upset that a player wants money. Color me shocked.

Top Bottom