"Ben Johnson is a basketball genius," - former guard E.J. Stephens

Accepting Mediocrity 101 (3 cr)
No. I’m a realist and understand that some things take time, especially when an entire roster changed in year one. And in year two injuries to two likely starters caused massive bench problems. If season 3 is a disaster then it’s time for a change.

No. I’m a realist and understand that some things take time, especially when an entire roster changed in year one. And in year two injuries to two likely starters caused massive bench problems. If season 3 is a disaster then it’s time for a change.
It won’t be a disaster. We will make run in the NCAA. Sweet Sixteen or bust. The foundation for years is set. We need corporate NIL money. A lot would be nice. This team is well put together. Let’s keep them. Winning may start the NIL. We must keep the top ten players. They are all B1G starter quality. CBJ has a lot to accomplish this year. The videos so far are all 3 pointers, slams, and comraderie/team building relationships.

Should we lose some, with NIL, the portal will be good to us.

I'm also a realist I watched eight years of RP try to "build something". The lack of focus and lack of standards over the last dozen, or so, years is awful. I hold no hope because of the track record over this time. We have had three seasons that subsequently became the worst season in Golden Gopher MBB history. The first of those seasons broke a record that stood for nearly a century. Then, boom, boom, we have two more, giving us three in the span of five years?

This his how you make the Dean's List in Mediocrity Studies.

You have to admit CBJ is a transition coach, not a permanent replacement at Minnesota. He can't be anything else because the consensus is that there needs to have major improvements both in wins and losses as well as final conference position for him to stay. Hiding behind extenuating circumstances only serves to underscore his transition coach status with the program.

There need to be results and I don't see CBJ as a results driven coach. Thus we are still stuck in the Land of Mediocrity.

Last edited:

I'm also a realist I watched eight years of RP try to "build something". The lack of focus and lack of standards over the last dozen, or so, years is awful. I hold no hope because of the track record over this time. We have had three seasons that subsequently became the worst season in Golden Gopher MBB history. The first of those seasons broke a record that stood for nearly a century. Then, boom, boom, we have two more, giving us three in the span of five years?

You have to admit CBJ is a transition coach, not a permanent replacement at Minnesota. He can't be anything else because the consensus is that there needs to have major improvements both in wins and losses as well as final conference position for him to stay. Hiding behind extenuating circumstances only serves to underscore his transition coach status with the program.

There need to be results and I don't see CBJ as a results driven coach. Thus we are still stuck in the Land of Mediocrity.

EVERY COACH is a "transition coach".
Connie Mack only lasted 50 years and John McGraw only lasted 41 years.
What do you want? ..
STABILITY?
There isn't any stability in coaching!

EVERY COACH is a "transition coach".
Connie Mack only lasted 50 years and John McGraw only lasted 41 years.
What do you want? ..
STABILITY?
There isn't any stability in coaching!
I doubt Johnson lasts as long as Mack. But maybe McGraw.

Top Bottom