Ben Johnson introductory press conference: a picture

You think Gabe remains a Gopher?
With the addition of Thorson, Gabe now has two big staff connections, but in a sense they have already replaced him with Loewe and Stephens.

With the addition of Thorson, Gabe now has two big staff connections, but in a sense they have already replaced him with Loewe and Stephens.
Man. If Thorson and Johnson can’t convince Gabe to stay he must be very unhappy here or doesn’t value those connections. My guess would be the former. I wish Gabe well wherever he ends up. Seems like a nice kid.

Man. If Thorson and Johnson can’t convince Gabe to stay he must be very unhappy here or doesn’t value those connections. My guess would be the former. I wish Gabe well wherever he ends up. Seems like a nice kid.
Maybe he just wants to try something new.

I think we are really about to see how much BS the media and AAU networks have been feeding the public about how important it is to have a “one of our own” as a head coach.

It was and always will be about the coach’s ability to win and develop players. The local system didn’t like the last two guys, and they created this narrative excuse for recruits that left the state. The only difference now, is that if/when recruits leave, we will finally hear them say that they simply had better opportunities than what was offered here. Gabe is the perfect example of this.

also, for those policing, this isn’t anti BJ. I’m actually happy that we get to call the bluff of the local pundits, click revenue writers, and aau influencers. If they are right and I’m wrong, I still win :)

Maybe he just wants to try something new.
Yeah, I am sure that his career thus far hasn't played out like he'd hoped both from a personal perspective and a team standpoint. Maybe he figures he's going to play one, maybe two, more years of basketball and wants to see if he has an opportunity to go somewhere he has a chance to play in an established system with a team that might make a tournament run. Like to see him stay, but perfectly understandable to me if he wants to weigh his options.

Last edited:

Top Bottom