Belaboring the obvious - WIN BABY

Anderson8284

Reaction score
1) I don't care about the bubble right now (well, I kind've do, being a bubble nerd, but.....) --> just beat Meeccheeegan tonite!

2) The Wisconsin victory and then the Illinois road victory went a long way toward making a really lousy season turn out pretty much ok. Beating Michigan will add to that "positive" data set!

3) Everything found in points #1) and in #2) goes 'double' for playing Iowa over the weekend. BEAT THEM HAWKEYES!!!!

4) Time to thank our out-going seniors, Lawrence, Damian, and Devron, for what they've done for our program. Thank you, guys!

Touche. There is no bubble (for the Gophers) if they lose tonight. Don't just beat the Wolverines. Bury 'em.

I must admit it is fun following the bubble from week-to-week, game-to-game. That being said, I appreciate your sentiment. Just win baby. So many bubble teams are unpredictable and just not good enough to string 4, 3, or even 2 wins together game after game. Essentially, the Gophers just need to survive while other schools shoot themselves in the feet. Here's to hoping the Gophs don't misfire themselves.

That being said, the "just win" plan might not carry the day at this point in the year all by itself (absent a BTT championship of course).

First, I doubt the selection committee will put 6 Big Ten teams in the tourney this year so our post season hopes necessarily hinge on ILL's (lack of) success. Right now, I'd say we have a slightly better than 50% chance of leap frogging ILL in the Big Ten standings and performing as well as or better than them in the BTT.

Second, I keep hearing that there are a number of mid-major teams lurking around out there that might make the tourney even if they don't win their conference tournaments. This could really hurt the Gophs ala the 95-96 Gopher Team.

I'm concerned that the Gophs take care of business for the most part here on out, end up about equal or slightly better than ILL at 20-12 or 21-12, and get passed by for the tourney by UConn, ND, or some goofy at-large pick from a minor conference.

Once, just once, I want to see us make a nice run and win the Big Ten Tournament.

Once, just once, I want to see us make a nice run and win the Big Ten Tournament.

It's time for that run, at a place they really need it. As I have indicated in other posts, this is the first time since '05 the Gophers have actually hit their stride and been playing their best basketball in late February and early March. It's time to have that show in results that really matter.

I'm with Selection. Just bury the Wolverines. It will be another uptick in the program to beat a team in a meaningful game when something is really on the line.

Let's go!!!!

I feel your pain.

What do Northwestern, Penn State and Minnesota have in common?

They are the only 3 schools never to make it to a Big Ten Tournament title game. That is not company one wants to be keeping in Big 10 basketball circles.

I agree with both of you. It's time for Minnesota to be THAT team making a serious charge in its conference tournament.

Maybe this year? Who knows. Is there a team we couldn't play with? Ohio St, beat them. Wisconsin? same. Michigan State? Buzzer beater, Purdue? same.

It could happen. :)

But it has little to do with tonight. Can't get to point g without going from a to b first. There is no safe lead with this team. Please get up by 30 and don't look back.

Top Bottom