Before Gopherhole goes into typical meltdown mode after a loss...

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
Let's realize that most of us didn't expect them to get the W in East Lansing. We were very competitive, played a very good MSU team tough, and saved face after the horrific showing last year (even though we didn't play very well).

We had a shot at the end, and I think that's all we can ask for at this point IMO. 8 out of 10 times, MSU is going to beat us. Let's just hope that the 2 times we get them happen at Williams and in the Big 10 tourney :)

Good points, GoldyLove. Let's remember, and let's all rally to:

IT'S OUR BARN AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!! :rockon:

Definitely agreed...

They played well tonight... but as always, there were some problems... nothing too big... MSU is a great team and we showed some great effort tonight. Wasn't it said right here on gopherhole that we would be in "good shape" if we could go 3-2 in our first 5 Big Ten games??? I believe we've accomplished that...

I seem to remember that too, cfield. Now that we went 3 and 2 in the first 5 games, the negative nancies will STILL be out in force.

Go Gophers!

I seem to remember that too, cfield. Now that we went 3 and 2 in the first 5 games, the negative nancies will STILL be out in force.

Go Gophers!

I know... people need to relax and realize that those 2 losses were against the (at the time) No. 4 Purdue @Mackey Arena and against No. 8 Michigan St. @Breslin Center.... Those two games were our biggest challenges this year on the road... we're done with them on the road now... I'm not saying the other road games are "gimmes" but they're a hell of a lot easier than those two environments.

I think the Gophers have a HUGE challenge this weekend. Indiana does not roll over at home and more than likely we'll be mentally overconfident. The team needs to know they have to bring the effort they brought tonight to every game.

Youre right reserve, huge game at Indiana. I think winnable. One of the road games I have penciled in to get them to their 11 conf. wins.

who would think

we'd still be tied in the standings with Purdy after these first five games? Can only get better. If we play this tough in the rest of our road games were going to win them.

The meltdown-o-meter isn't redlining tonight thankfully. I also think we'll have to win with authority in Indiana. There is no comparison of course but I remember an extremely confident Gopher team running into a buzzsaw at Northwestern last year and barely escaping Indiana on the road. And Indiana was much worse last year. We did a lot of good things tonight. Some bad but I hope for better playing them at home.

Blizzard: ""I hope for better playing them at home. ""

The rally has started: (see signature)

I don't think there will be a lot of melting down because I tend to think the posters here have a semi-objective view of the game. I think we may have found some ways to beat MSU, but as Tubby said, it requires a flawless game to crack the rock that is MSU. A few slip-ups near the end and they take full advantage. I expect we learned a lot from this game and it will make us better down the road.

Indiana is a game we need to watch out for especially at home. I think we will keep our poise and prepare well for the game though. I'm looking to see how the Gophers find a way to lean on a player other than Hoff to step it up on the scoring end. I would like to see a bit more consistency in scoring (or shot taking for that matter) from LW. I think he has the ability to dominate on an every game basis.

Top Bottom