Beau Allen a Badger

That's why they consider Minnesota in-state recruiting.

Gotta give Coach Brewster credit in stopping that trend.

No mention on GI, Badger Blitz, or Scout. Nice try.

Our staff had an in-home with him last night, but I'll believe this post when I see a quote from Allen.

Well that's too bad. That's terrible losses to Wisconsin.

Why this year alone we only have three wisconsin recruits to all the Minnesota kids Wiscy has nabbed already. Why, if it is true that Allen is going to go with Wisconsin that would bring their Minnesota recruit tally all the way up to, one. :eek: Terrible. That Brewster needs to go. giving all of our Minnesota talent up to Wisconsin like that.

I'm not going to believe it until I see a link or a quote....look who started the thread and look at his posting history....not exactly the most reliable....

This is my favorite post of his:

Who will be the next Coach - OFFICIAL THREAD
You Brewster lovers have fun with your clown. Last post ever

Note that was written in January of 2009.....

That's why they consider Minnesota in-state recruiting.

Gotta give Coach Brewster credit in stopping that trend.

You are kidding right?

If Allen becomes a Badger, he is a good get, but since Brewster arrived in Dinkytown we have recruited WI about as well as Bielema has recruited MN.

Well that's too bad. That's terrible losses to Wisconsin.

Why this year alone we only have three wisconsin recruits to all the Minnesota kids Wiscy has nabbed already. Why, if it is true that Allen is going to go with Wisconsin that would bring their Minnesota recruit tally all the way up to, one. :eek: Terrible. That Brewster needs to go. giving all of our Minnesota talent up to Wisconsin like that.

+1

Tip o' the hat to GVBadger if true, because he/she called it. I thought it would be Stanford, but was proven wrong.

It's not a crippling loss, but it's a fairly significant one.

Brendan Kelly, the Holy Angels' kid, from two years ago and Casey Dehn, the Owatonna kid from last year, are kids it would have been nice to get.

Tip o' the hat to GVBadger if true, because he/she called it. I thought it would be Stanford, but was proven wrong.

It's not a crippling loss, but it's a fairly significant one.

Brendan Kelly, the Holy Angels' kid, from two years ago and Casey Dehn, the Owatonna kid from last year, are kids it would have been nice to get.

And are any of those kids playing???? No

Well, Kelly is a redshirt freshman and Dehn is a freshman who redshirted his first year in Madison, so there's a little bit of time for them.

We never unconditionally offered Dehn and Kelly's was pulled when he visited Madison without telling the Minnesota coaches first.

Even though Beau's parents are Fadgers, I'm not going to believe anything until this is substantiated.

My only point is that it would be nice to have Dehn and Kelly.

After watching Allen twice this year, I dont' think this is a big loss for the Gophers if true.

Of course with the persistent invasion of badger and hawkeye breeding stock will always produce spawn prone to making the same mistakes as their parents. It's the sad reality of being the better state.

And are any of those kids playing???? No

Kelly actually got some PT his true freshman year before getting hurt and taking a medical redshirt. I think he was dinged up a bit this year as well. Promising looking prospect though, if he stays healthy.

Dehn is an athlete. Hard to tell if either of those will end up being impact guys at Wisconsin. Plenty of time left for them, though.

The suggestion that Minnesota is having some success in recruiting Wisconsin is only partially true. None of Minnesota's commits from inside Wisconsin ever had an offer to stay in-state. Iowa is actually having more success in that they have a verbal from a kid that Wisconsin's coaching staff actually offered.

But I don't think Wisconsin is lighting the world on fire in the Minnesota kids they've recruited under Bielema, or even Alvarez for that matter. I'd call it a wash in on-field production. The numbers of bodies seems to favor Wisconsin as far as stepping across the border, but what does that mean anyway??

Of course with the persistent invasion of badger and hawkeye breeding stock will always produce spawn prone to making the same mistakes as their parents. It's the sad reality of being the better state.

After watching Allen twice this year, I dont' think this is a big loss for the Gophers if true.

Dumb posts. Tough loss, but not unexpected. Beau has the body to be a big time player.

Kelley looked very good as a freshman before he was hurt. He was injured this year, and never really played. Dehn is in the depth chart at G.

Recruiting goes both ways it seems. Most of the guys we get from Minn didn't have offers from UM. Most of the guys UM got from WI didn't have interest from UW.

Who cares? What should be important to the fans of each school is the coaches are getting the kids they targeted and want, regardless what the other school thinks.

There is no mention on Wisconsin's scout board or Buckville other than a link to the Gopher Hole thread

Top Bottom