Baylor penalties announced

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The general consensus is it’s extremely weak

Plus they have a rock solid conference to parachute back into, umm, nevermind.

Baylor received what is tantamount to a smack in the buttocks.

Oh well, punishment is for the rest of the other schools not named Baylor, Bama, LSU, or tOSU in college football.

Kind of like the Old SCTV episode where Wainwright (Baylor) offers Rocco (NCAA) a thousand bucks to take the murder rap for him.

Hang the 1997 Final Four and Big Ten title banners in the Barn!

This is a joke!
While I agree we should hang the banners

i am not sure people should be angry that the ncaa is not punishing things the ncaa is not designed to punish.

While I agree we should hang the banners

i am not sure people should be angry that the ncaa is not punishing things the ncaa is not designed to punish.

It's a fair point. Was just texting my college football writer friend at ESPN and he said "You can't punish for rules you don't have."

He also said the NCCA is done. He thinks within 2-3 years that at least football will break away and make its own governing body.

This is just really sad. Ncaa yet again showing it really doesn’t govern anything

It's a fair point. Was just texting my college football writer friend at ESPN and he said "You can't punish for rules you don't have."

He also said the NCCA is done. He thinks within 2-3 years that at least football will break away and make its own governing body.
Yeah.

the ncaa was designed to punish certain things. Corruption within an entire school isn’t one of them.
And schools aren’t going to give the ncaa power to complete decimate them

The Chair of the Committee that handed down this nonsense was none other than Joel Maturi.

It's ok guys, just a bunch of sexual assault...

The NCAA can't punish people for that.

It's not like they had fake classes...

Well there's no punishment for that either...

Um.... handing out cash to players on the field?

Guess not.

What gets you consequences these days?

He also said the NCAA is done. He thinks within 2-3 years that at least football will break away and make its own governing body.
Agree with this and Some Guy on this, frankly.

These types of things -- a rouge professor in a dept that gives athletes fake grades, or a school admin in cahoots with the school PD to let athletes get away with sexual assault -- were never intended to be things that the NCAA polices.

The NCAA was intended to police things like making sure schools aren't cheating at recruiting. Both of these are way beyond that.

Angry people want the NCAA to give these school's athletic depts the death penalty, are just silly. Never will happen, and the NCAA would be sued out of existence if they tried.

As far as doing a break-away ... maybe.

But also keep in mind that the NCAA does a bunch of stuff that schools and conferences don't really want to take on themselves, if they don't have to.

As far as doing a break-away ... maybe.

But also keep in mind that the NCAA does a bunch of stuff that schools and conferences don't really want to take on themselves, if they don't have to.
what are those things?

Weak penalty indeed. But Baylor will be paying through the nose to the 15 young women suing Baylor. Today Baylor were forced to turn over the Pepper Hamilton report to opposing counsel. Baylor seems to have run out of tricks to stall the proceedings, and the payout will be substantial.

what are those things?
The biggest things are the championships and then rule enforcement.

If the conferences weren't heavily relying on the NCAA to do those, then they would've already taken over that.

Even if they do break away from the NCAA, they're just going to setup a new group that does the exact same thing and give it a new acronym.

Weak penalty indeed. But Baylor will be paying through the nose to the 15 young women suing Baylor. Today Baylor were forced to turn over the Pepper Hamilton report to opposing counsel. Baylor seems to have run out of tricks to stall the proceedings, and the payout will be substantial.
I'm sure wealthy Baptists will be happy to make this go away with their checkbooks.

They were so desperate to win in football, they hired Art Briles and told him they would allow sexual assaulter's on the team. Whoops, that backfired.

Top Bottom