Baylor announces 2019 game vs University of the Incarnate Word

Well if you are interested, UIW will be playing at tNDSU September 13 for tNDSU's home opener. Must be hard to be a NDSU fan and believe you are important and then play teams like UIW.

Notre Dame is nervous. Cretin Derham Hall kids now have a Texas option.

This just goes to show what a joke Baylor's schedule really is. Yes, they ran up the score 99-0 on teams last year, but it's because they played no one. Look at how they fared when playing their only two halfway decent opponents. It's great that they have risen from the ashes, but it's not as miraculous of a rise as everyone seems to think when it involves running over the likes of UIW, Wofford, and Kansas.

Also, when you click the link think these three words: Public Toilet Seat. You won't be able to unsee it once you've noticed.

This just goes to show what a joke Baylor's schedule really is. Yes, they ran up the score 99-0 on teams last year, but it's because they played no one. Look at how they fared when playing their only two halfway decent opponents. It's great that they have risen from the ashes, but it's not as miraculous of a rise as everyone seems to think when it involves running over the likes of UIW, Wofford, and Kansas.

Also, when you click the link think these three words: Public Toilet Seat. You won't be able to unsee it once you've noticed.
I was confused there for a second thinking you were talking about the A&M schedule this year losing to every ranked team besides Duke and playing a team from the same conference as Incarnate Word. Baylor beat Oklahoma 41-12! If you're a top ten school, most non-conference games aren't going to be competitive.

Ricky Williams (yes, that Ricky Williams) is an assistant coach at UIW.

I was confused there for a second thinking you were talking about the A&M schedule this year losing to every ranked team besides Duke and playing a team from the same conference as Incarnate Word. Baylor beat Oklahoma 41-12! If you're a top ten school, most non-conference games aren't going to be competitive.

And we didn't deserve a BCS bowl, either.

And we didn't deserve a BCS bowl, either.
Winning the Big 12 shouldn't earn you a BCS Bowl? Is that what you're trying to say? Is there that much about Baylor to hate? If they're that bad, why get so worked up?

^ Think WI and that territory they call IA. It doesn't matter what they do. Even if they win, they still suck!

Go Gophers!

Apparently something called University of the Incarnate Word has a football team, and Baylor decided to schedule them in 2019:

http://www.cardinalathletics.com/news/2014/3/17/FB_0317140249.aspx

Go Gophers!!

Don't laugh too loud. This is a Texas school and we are talking football. The "Incarnate Word" might take on a new meaning when it comes to Texas football. Remember that righteous school from Dallas and their football team - what were they called? Of yes, Southern Methodist University. Methodists, right. Righteous folk, closer to God. Only the football team has to win because God loves a winner.

I would love it if they would make FCS games not count towards bowl eligibility. These kind of crap matchups need to go away.

I would love it if they would make FCS games not count towards bowl eligibility. These kind of crap matchups need to go away.
Teams like Baylor don't need to worry about bowl eligibility and the teams that do need to worry are also typically the teams that lose the FCS games.

That's actually one of the best solutions I've heard in a long time.

Although I personally prefer expanding to 10 conference games. That gives teams one home-and-away with an out of conference BCS team and one gimme.

Teams like Baylor don't need to worry about bowl eligibility and the teams that do need to worry are also typically the teams that lose the FCS games.

In 2012, if you take away Baylor's win against an FCS school, they were at 6 wins, right on the edge of bowl eligibility.

In 2012, if you take away Baylor's win against an FCS school, they were at 6 wins, right on the edge of bowl eligibility.
and like I said, when Baylor was mediocre, games against FCS schools aren't "crap matchups". They were losing that game in the 4th quarter.

and like I said, when Baylor was mediocre, games against FCS schools aren't "crap matchups". They were losing that game in the 4th quarter.

But isn't Baylor a "team like Baylor"? They are still "crap matchups", Baylor was able to play like garbage and still walk away with a win counting towards their six. If they are going to play that bad, they shouldn't be one step closer to a bowl game after that.

But isn't Baylor a "team like Baylor"? They are still "crap matchups", Baylor was able to play like garbage and still walk away with a win counting towards their six. If they are going to play that bad, they shouldn't be one step closer to a bowl game after that.
Mediocre teams often play like garbage. A lot of mediocre garbage teams make bowl games and that's not going to change. I agree with the goal of scheduling as few creampuffs as possible, but with the wide disparity in talent in college football blowouts are going to happen no matter how you organize a 12 game schedule. It's also better for schools like Minnesota to be able to find more teams who are willing to come to the Bank without expecting a return trip to Las Cruces or wherever Middle Tennesee State plays.

say what you want about the stadium they are building but I like it a lot. That looks like a very nice project and will be a very nice home for Baylor football.

Well if you are interested, UIW will be playing at tNDSU September 13 for tNDSU's home opener. Must be hard to be a NDSU fan and believe you are important and then play teams like UIW.

UIW is likely the FCS version of New Mexico State in the FBS (not sure, they are brand new to the Southland conf). Maybe NDSU can ink a lifetime contract with UIW like Mn has with NMSU. (ha,ha)

- NDSU, #29 ranked in the final 2014 AP Poll.

Thanks for that.

I doubt they teach a good stats class up dere in Fargo so the mean reversion talk will probably fall on deaf ears....

UIW is likely the FCS version of New Mexico State in the FBS (not sure, they are brand new to the Southland conf). Maybe NDSU can ink a lifetime contract with UIW like Mn has with NMSU. (ha,ha)

Congrats, you impressed the same idiot voters who, at the start of the season, did not think that the eventual national runner-up was one of the top 43 teams in the country. That ranking might impress me if it were backed up by even a single victory against any good opponent (and no, a 5-4 team from a mediocre Big 12 does not count as a good opponent).

Top Bottom